“Bad experience”

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Bridgend, United Kingdom
“Bad experience”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We arrived at the restaurant on Saturday expecting a pleasant evening for
a group of ten. we were told by the manager , there was no record of
our booking and he had no tables available, The attitude of this spanish sounding gentleman was dreadful.
he didn't give a dam that he had forgot or mislaid our booking. A slight doubt crept in that maybe I had made a mistake So while standing in the restaurant car park I checked my mobile phone records and there it was.. the correct telephone number, on the correct date and time that I thought I had made the booking. The mistake was DEFINITELY at the restaurant. The arrogance of this gentleman was most irritating.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank colinjwill

Porthcawl, United Kingdom
“Lovely meal !”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I went here with family for my birthday the food was lovely you go to the display cabinets ( fridges open plan ) and pick what you like fish meal salad etc theres a blackboard with what's available .
The staff were very attentive and polite
It's a bit expensive as we had a la carte but I think they have a set menu as well
I had rainbow trout and jacket potato and king prawns to start both very good
Had a lovely evening except we weren't allowed to have the cake we bought and sing happy birthday they said it wasn't allowed my son wasn't happy so we had the singing when we got home
Perhaps they could have offered a cake or candles for us to buy it was a little disappointing

• Visited April 2013
3 Thank anniex3
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Another visit”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Called in here again for an evening meal, whan we needed a good steak. Great atmosphere again, excellent steaks. Perhaps the salad bar was not as exciting as before and perhaps the overall cost is getting a little expensive. 1 king prawn starter (4 prawns) I fillet steak 2 sirloins with salads, 2 house red (medium size) 1 coke 1 garlic bread, total £95 without service. Perhaps I am feeling the pinch.

• Visited December 2012
4 Thank Anharry
Holt, Norfolk
“Not the best experience of my life”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Its alwyas hard in rural areas to get a truly great meal. Many folk wish to just go out and eat to the tstandard they get at home. Some base a good meal on volume v's value. This is an OK restaurant just outside Bridgend. Its terribly old fashioned and the cuisine is 1980's. The fish looked tired and rather sad in the chill cabinet. The concept is that you go up to this butchers chiller and choose your fish and meat and they will then take it away and cook to the style you desire. This is great where you have hundreds of diners and a fast through put. Here its full when there are 30 covers, so best to have a steak, if you don't want fish smothered in a sauce. The wine selection was fine. Indeed, I would go back for them alone. Look, its not a bad place, but do not expect haute cuisine. Its good old family grub.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank HughDownie
Port Talbot, United Kingdom
“Lets see if the manager has changed.”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

After slating the Manager of this place on my last review, we decided to give it another try, maybe the Manager had a bad day when we visited last time. NO. same as before, food good, service and customer relations rubbish, he just does not care, Will Def not go back now, Struck OFF my list.

• Visited December 2012