“Will go back again, excellent”

Black Mountains Falconry Centre
Ranked #302 of 566 things to do in South Wales
Reviewed November 1, 2011

Bought a half day 'Hawk and Owl experience' as a birthday present for my husband and I went along as a spectator but wished I had booked myself in to have a go as well.

A very interactive experience, after a short introduction to how to handle the birds and some of the background on falconry, we went outside and were introduced to the birds.

There was a group of 10 people and everyone got to hold a variety of different birds, and had the opportunity to let the birds fly to them and eat a piece of meat from their gloves and let the birds fly back to their perches.

All the way through we were given a personal description of the different personalities of the birds and why and how they were trained, how they were kept and why they did certain things.

Without going into too much detail (and spoiling it for anyone else) a very interactive, up close and personal encounter with several birds of prey.

My husband liked it so much he wants to go back and I have a new found interest in birds of prey - they are wonderful creatures and we got to experience them in a safe, friendly and fun environment.

Recommended