“Welcoming accommodation” 5 of 5 bubbles

11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Welcoming accommodation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2014

This comfy accommodation run by a welcoming, helpful family, is set in a tranquil, peaceful setting, where time slows to whatever pace you wish. Breakfast in the morning will more than set you up for the day and the list of activities available both on sight, and locally, is limitless. Definitely worth a visit!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank if1918

Berkhamsted, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“A wonderful experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014

I recently booked a half day at Parc-Le-Breos Riding Centre and can honestly say I had a most wonderful experience. On the day I rode there were a lot of quite young children, as well as a few adults of which I was by far the oldest, and even though I have riding experience I was quite happy to listen to the very thorough instructions being given to us all. Being introduced to the horse you will be riding, and then doing some light grooming is a wonderful experience and only added to the enjoyment for me. Once we headed out onto the Moor we were well supervised in a very friendly, but never bossy manner and had various sights of interest pointed out to us. The staff took great care to ensure we were not bothered by any of the wild horses roaming the Moor, and they took the safety side of their job very seriously. Every single member of staff I met and talked to was friendly and helpful and all contributed to a very special day for me. I shall be returning just as soon as I am next at Gower only I will settle for nothing less than the full day - or maybe even more! Thank you Parc-Le-Breos.

Visited April 2014
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“The rudeness of some staff is unbelievable”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

Great surrounding and beautiful horses, but two or three of the staff have no skills at all when it comes to dealing with customers.

I'm not talking about the casual aloofness here, I'm talking about keeping riders waiting for no good reason, barking instructions at children and being directly rude to (and about) customers. The way they move their horses around wouldn't impress an RSPCA inspector either!

It's a pity, becuase the hotel rooms and food are top notch, and most of the other staff would do anything for you.

3 Thank Sam S
East Grinstead, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Don't go there, so rude.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

Whilst staying on holiday in the Gower my family decided to visit this riding stables. All looks great on a rrival. Having ridden for over 30 years and all around the world this was the worse ride of my life.The staff are so rude, unhelpful , arrogant with a disgusting attitutude. The ride just walks and the ride guides constantly harass the horses from behind causing the horses to charge forward without the rider knowing. For novices this is highly dangerous. For experienced riders the whole experience is infuriatingly boring.When people asked for help to dismount the staff were down right rude and unhelpful inferring they should have smaller ponies if they cannot dismount. I saw the staff kick and swear at some of the ponies. I will be reporting them the to RSPCA and British Horse society. So sad and ruined our experience.

5 Thank 6hello
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Horse riding staff were rude!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

I recently came on holiday to the gower, and I decided to get booked in for a ride at Parc-Le-Breos trekking centre. Overall it was thoroughly enjoyable and all of the horses were very lovely and fabulously well behaved. However some of the staff, at the trekking centre, were rude and underestimated the amount that was capable of being done on a horse. I was told I would be walking, trotting and cantering, however I stayed in walk all the way through. I have been riding for the majority of my life and I have two horses of my own. But the workers thought that they new what I could do on a horse better than I new myself! One of the workers were very rude to myself and many of the other members of the public, as I witnessed that. The way which she spoke to you was very unfriendly and rude, which isn't what I would expect as you don't have to go for a ride and pay £35! It's what you chose to do, like I say overall it was very enjoyable, but the staff ruined it and I was disappointed to have not been able to canter, let alone trot! And to have the staff decide whether you are capable of cantering is almost offensive, if I had the choice to come again, unfortunately I would try and find somewhere else first, maybe where the staff were more friendly and actually made you feel like you were wanted to go on the ride, instead of being made to feel like they didn't want you there and that they were only there because they had to be! Also the girths on the horses were very loose and if the rider leant one way, the saddle would have moved with the rider, this is a health and safety issue. I think Parc-le-breos should have a serious talk to the staff about their mannerism towards the public and it is very off putting.

3 Thank Weenie_tibby