“Very happy-will visit again” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tipple 'n' Tiffin - CLOSED

Tipple 'n' Tiffin
Cuisines: British, Spanish, Welsh
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Wales, United Kingdom
“Very happy-will visit again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

We arrived on a Monday lunch-time and were happy to find a) a restaurant open on a Monday b) a restaurant serving till 3pm. How civilised. I had fishcakes which were obviously prepared in house and served on a lovely bed of salad-dressed nicely. Mayo served separately-which is good. My husband had coq au vin which he said was delicious. Afterwards, two lovely puddings. The bill was about £34 which with a large glass of wine and a pot of tea was very reasonable, The waiter was pleasant and willing to chat. Having read some of the very rude comments here I wonder what people are used to-probably some chain style fast food place? I would certainly return and would recommend this place. Thanks for your hospitality

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Brecon Beacons National Park, United Kingdom
“such a great place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

This restaurant is one of the great eating places in Brecon.
The food, staff and setting make the whole experience a joy.
The chef tries very hard to vary the menu and the quality of meals is great.
To sit outside in summer along side the canal, with the boats coming in having a good meal and wine is a joy not to be missed.
I am now a regular at this place and it has become more of a club to me and my friends than just a place to eat.

• Visited November 2013
cardiff
“Terrific food and great value - big smiles all around”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

Two of us had lunch at the TnT today and we chose from the specials board. We were offered bread which was first class and it came with olives and a dip. For a main I enjoyed a salad of chicken with mango and avocado - excellent. My friend had chicken skewers with a good marinade served with stuffed pita bread - he enjoyed that very much. We had wine with the meal and finished with coffees and it all came to a very reasonable £40. The service was very good and the food came quickly. This place is well worthy of its mention in the Good Food Guide and I strongly recommend it.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Service without a smile...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

Visited here twice. Service the first time was grumpy to the point of rude. My over generous tipper husband left no tip. Something I have never known him do. Gave it a second chance today. Different waitress but still churlish off hand manner. We complained about hair in the soup and was told it was fibre. Maybe it was but would have expected an apology for the uncooked bread. Such potential. Welsh rarebit is good!But again waitress baulked when I asked for ketchup. Customer is king surely. Setting lovely!

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank AllyJPally
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Being authentic doesn't make you a customer champion!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

A couple of weeks ago, in July, near the Royal Welsh show, I was out with a work colleague visiting some customers, and going off to the show the next day. Arriving in Brecon we had a walk round and decided to try the TnT, it looked great, busy, and nice setting.

However, I should've realised that the frowning counter staff, and poorly attended bar were an omen.

Sitting down, then getting up to fetch the menus, sitting back down again, the lunchtime menu, if you were looking for something simple and not necessarily expensive was poor. So my colleague and I decided to opt for the Chicken Caesar Salad. The salad appeared immediately, it look great. We both began munching away and then after a couple of mouthfuls I tasted the dready fishiness of anchovies. Now surprisingly when I've ordered this in restaurants before some, not all restaurants state that they have anchovies in the sauce or in the salad. Sadly though, I guess my regular experiences of this lovely salad is that not everyone makes it in the authentic and traditional wa, and is becoming I guess a pale imitation of the original recipe. The easy option for me is that it usually means NO ANCHOVIES! I wish that they had indicated this on the menu as I don't eat fish, any kind, shell fish the lot, yuk! So, reluctantly I put my cutlery together and pushed the plate away. My colleague asked what was wrong, and I said the sauce or salad has got lots of anchovices in it, he then replied "is that what that taste is?" I think so, I said, so he then told me he didn't eat fish. So neither of us finished the salads. Here's the nub of the issue. The waitress pops along and says "was everything okay, was there a problem" looking at our half eaten plates. So I told her what was wrong, only to be told that is what I should expect, "its been made the authentic way!" Lets say her tone was not empathetic or even remotely nice. I tried to appease her with the "I've eaten too many imitations", but she was rude. then the funny thing was, standing at the counter to pay, hearing her slag off the customers to the lady I assumed owned the place. Who came out like a lamb and offered to halve the bill. Fine I said, but really could you not just help your customers by indicating the authentic way the sauce/salad is made, it would be helpful. I doubt there was any action taken to address the needs of such fickle customers!!!!

• Visited July 2013