We wanted an overnight stay in a good B&B in Brecon on the night of my wife's 60th birthday. We were on our way to Bluestone in West Wales for a weekend with children and grandchildren. We managed to find a good B&B at The Coach House.
The owners were welcoming without being over-powering or wanting to be our New Best Friends. They were both helpful and informative regarding the area, restaurants etc.
The premises were very tastefully decorated and furnished, clean and inviting. There were many lovely little touches using driftwood etc that gave the place a holiday feel. The offer of real milk for our use as opposed to the UHT stuff that is generally on offer in B&Bs was another welcoming touch which is never going to cost them big money but adheres the owners to the customer.
The bedroom was comfortable and once again tastefully furnished. The radiators took a while to warm up but I guess being in an attic conversion the water had a little further to flow. We slept well and were not cold, neither did the position by a road bother us.
The bathroom was spotless and modern but not too practical. The hand basin was lovely to look at but none-too-easy to use. The shower was also a little difficult to use. However, these issues did not impact on and spoil our enjoyment of the evening we spent here.
The breakfast was delightful, tasty, great to look at and really well prepared. We both had the Welsh Rarebit, my wife with two eggs and I had the eggs with crispy bacon. It was one of the best B&B/Hotel breakfasts I have eaten in a long time. I could have stayed all day working my way through the menu. My wife also enjoyed the meal but found the combination of eggs and cheese a bit too rich for her first thing in the morning, but that was about her personal taste rather than the quality of the food.
Overall it was an enjoyable experience. We felt we had value for money and would return if we were ever going to stay in Brecon again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Coach houses were traditionally warm and welcoming places. This particular example is one of a new breed. Offering 5 star Highly commended contemporary townhouse accommodation. The welcome is as big as ever. The hosts are full of local knowledge on the best places to visit, walk, cycle or ride. It's part of the Coach House's strong 'Sense of Place', which runs from photographs and maps of the Brecon Beacons on the walls to the Welsh breakfasts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda and Travelocity so you can book your The Coach House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Coach House Hotel Brecon
- The Coach House Brecon, Wales