“Lovely Stay”

and 1 more site!
The Coach House
Ranked #4 of 43 Brecon B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We have just spent 3 nights over Easter at this lovely B&B. The rooms are clean and decorated in a nice modern style. I liked how each day the room was tidied, new towels provided, fresh water, biscuits and coffee all replenished, a touch which not all hotels do. The owners make you feel extremely welcome and cannot do enough for you. We were even treated to a cream egg on Easter Sunday and a hot cross bun with our breakfast. Breakfast itself was a delight - extremely tasty and I would recommend the Welsh Rarebit - delicious! Brecon is a lovely town to visit with some fantastic walking on the doorstep. We enjoyed Zeeras indian restaurant and the Fellin Fach Griffin (short taxi) was superb. All in all a great easter weekend. Thank you so much!

Room Tip: Room 7 was on the 2nd floor, large king size bed
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
w4mcdf, Owner at The Coach House, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Lol we are please you liked your Easter egg on Sunday morning and also enjoyed your stay with us at the Coach House. It' always makes our day when we get feedback from happy guests, it makes us feel its all worth it..... As far as the advise on eating out we always try to recommend places we would eat in and again always happy the next day at breakfast, guest thanking us for a good recommendation. Thank you once again. Tony

There are newer reviews for The Coach House

Reviewed March 27, 2013

We have just spent three nights at the Coach House and had a fabulous stay. This is one of the best B&Bs we have ever stayed in. The room was lovely, spotlessly clean and tastefully decorated. It was also really warm, which given the snow outside was very welcome.
The breakfast was the best we have ever had. Usually in B&Bs a vegetarian breakfast is the normal breakfast with all the meat taken away. The breakfast in the Coach House actually caters for vegetarians and serves rarebit and Glamorgan sausages.
Added to this was the very friendly welcome we received from the hosts. Mark gave us lots of excellent advice for walks in the area and directions for how to get there. We will definitely stay here again and recommend it to anyone who is travelling to the area.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
w4mcdf, Manager at The Coach House, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

What can we say but thank you, both for staying and celebrating yours partners Birthday here at the Coach House and taking the time ( and speed) of your comments. It was nice having such nice people stay and you don't know what a great feeling we get to get such great feedback, it's better than money to us - thank you once again Marc and Tony

Reviewed March 27, 2013

This was my second stay at the Coach House and it was lovely to be immediately recognised, even though I hadn't said I was returning. I was in Brecon for business and, after a long journey from Manchester, was more than ready to relax. On my previous stay, I had eaten at the George and didn't want to do so again. I asked for a recommendation for dinner and was immediately offered the opportunity of 'eating in' - something I hadn't expected at all. A large gin and tonic was also offered - and delivered to my room. This is a B and B, not a hotel but the service just can't be beaten. My dinner was delicious, as was my 'full Welsh' for breakfast. The cooking is accomplished and the produce is decent quality, unlike that of many hotels.

The rooms are smart and comfortable and there's a armchair which is great - I so hate watching TV from a bed. The wifi is free, there's a bottle of water, toffees and choccy biscuits. What's not to like? I can't recommend The Coach House, and it's hosts, too highly. Thanks guys.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

The next G&T is on us,! Thank you so much for your great feedback on your stay. We know that you stay in many places with your business so it makes it doubly great to have pleased you during your stay with us. We look forward to the next time to welcoming you back to Brecon and the National Park. Thank you once again Tony and Marc

Reviewed March 25, 2013

We had a very warm welcome (on a very cold snowy day!), a lovely, spotlessly clean, room, breakfast was excellent and the price was very fair. We will certaily return. This place is a model for other B&B owners to aspire to.

Room Tip: Our room was one of three king size bed rooms - we can't comment on others.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
w4mcdf, Owner at The Coach House, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Dear both. Thank you so very very much for your very kind comments and taking the time to do so. It was great to have you both stay with us and you did o much in your few days in Brecon. It was very interesting to chat to you both as you where checking out as you both are very interesting couple nod would love to see you again. I am now starting to get more mobile after my operation and we are both looking forward to the new session ahead .... By the way thank you so much for your kind tip ( you really should not have done that ) Marc and I enjoyed a few bottles of nice wine ,,,, our vey best to you both Tony and Marc

Reviewed February 10, 2013

We have just returned from 2 nights at The Coach House and would like to say what a fabulous hotel it is, we really can't find a bad word to say about it! The owners were really lovely, very polite and friendly and full of useful information and really made you feel welcome and like nothing was too much trouble! The room was lovely, clean, well equipped and decor was perfect! The breakfast......wow! Definitely the best hotel breakfast we have had. I would highly recommend this hotel and hope to visit again soon. Thanks a lot Katie and Neil Baron.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Katie B
w4mcdf, Owner at The Coach House, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Thank you both so much for your kind comments on us at The Coach House we would love to see you both again and once again thank you for taking the time to do this for us

Reviewed February 8, 2013

The Coach House is smack bang in the middle of Brecon Town and is nothing short of perfection, being a fabulous base for any traveller to the Beacons, Monmouthshire or the Black Mountains. Tony and Carl offered nothing but first class hospitality from the moment the door opened until i left. My stay was short, only one night, but i felt at home and enjoyed the friendly, relaxed atmosphere they offered. They were very informative and receptive, offering us advice where to eat and drink in Brecon, which to be honest, isn't brimming with a great deal of choice. The room was superb, nicely decorated with a really modern touch. I was amazed with the breakfast. The scrambled eggs, vegetarian Glamorgan sausage and Rarebit topped grilled tomatoes were delicious. I really couldn't fault the hotel and the hosts. My trip was business related but i wouldn't hesitate to go back for a chilled weekend away with my wife and daughter. Thanks guys, really appreciated your help and hospitality.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Robokee

You are so kind to write a review of your stay with us... As for our breakfast we are in the process of putting together our new breakfast menu with lots of really nice new dishes with some old well enjoyed ones. We look forward to welcoming you back

Reviewed November 26, 2012

Just got back from 2 nights at the Coach House and the only fault I can find , is that they have completely ruined me for any future breakfasts. Seriously good stuff. It was not only the food that was stellar , everything else was as well. Great location, easy parking & lovely hosts. The whole place was stylish & well thought-out without being stuffy or over the top. Most importantly , the beds were very comfortable & the bathrooms were well appointed & spacious. I particularly liked how outside each set of 2 rooms there was a small , sub-hallway, keeping everything quiet when you came in & up the stairs - nice touch. ( I find that sometimes at B&B's you feel like you are sneaking in past curfew at your parents’ house - trying not to make a sound. not so here) I hope my travels take me back to Brecon & if they do - I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
w4mcdf, Owner at The Coach House, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Wow thank you very very much for your great comments
we have just put together our new breakfast menu so please come back and try our new dishes
Thank you once again its guest that make us strive on - Tony & Marc

Also consider these accommodations in or near Brecon
Castle of Brecon
#3 of 43 in Brecon
Ty Helyg Guest House
Ty Helyg Guest House
#2 of 43 in Brecon

Been to The Coach House? Share your experiences!