“Unbelievably good”
Review of Felin Glais

Felin Glais
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Brecon
Felin Glais
Ranked #15 of 43 Brecon B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I had the real pleasure of staying here for three nights with friends. Chris and Dave treated us not only in a first class way but also as friends for whom they couldn't do enough. We had an excellent evening meal one night and breakfasts beat anything I've ever had in a hotel! My four poster bedroom was top notch and they had helpful and knowledgeable suggestions on what to do given our short time there. I'd recommend a stay here to anyone - a lovely location and an excellent B & B with fantastic hosts.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

Chris and Dave looked after us wonderfully during our fourth stay at Felin Glais. Such warm, helpful and lovely people sharing their gorgeous home. It really is like visiting old friends. You have to visit to fully experience this B&B, the breakfasts keep you going all day.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed October 12, 2013

The recommendation from friends certainly lived up to its name. Hosts Dave & Chris had thought of everything to make my stay a real pleasure. Beautifully furnished rooms and delightful breakfasts.A warm genuine welcome. Hopefully I will return.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed October 11, 2013

I stayed at Felin Glais for the famous Brecon Jazz Festival in August and I didn't know what to expect as I don't usually stay in B&Bs. Well, from the moment I arrived right up to the moment I left I was treated like a long lost friend. The breakfast in the morning was all sourced locally and was a feast. My companion was vegan and they specially prepared a delicious vegan breakfast for him. The bedroom was delightful (I stayed in the room with a Jucuzzi) - it was huge. The bed was so comfortable I could have stayed in it all day.
Chris and Dave are great hosts and always happy to help (they recommended and booked restaurants for our entire stay and they also printed out directions for us. We brought our dog with us and it was no trouble at all.
This place is definitely worth travelling out of your way to stay at, it is a beautiful location and I most certainly will return.

Room Tip: The bedroom with the jucuzzi has a beautiful view of the Brecon Beacons from its window.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 13, 2013

I've been meaning to write this review for months having stayed at Felin Glais several times. it is simply the best B & B I've ever stayed at. The house is lovely; comfy beds, fantastic showers, dressing gowns and a really homely feel. It's also really quiet and at night you can just hear the stream flowing nearby. The breakfast is delicious and huge, everything you could think of in a full Welsh plus fruit cereal, croissants....... Chris and Dave are fantastic hosts and think nothing of going the extra mile to make your time in Brecon as good as possible. Whenever you think 'I could just do with.....' you turn and find it's right there! I could go on but go and see for yourself!

Room Tip: One room has a spa bath for only £5 a night more than the others and is huge. The fourposter room h...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Just spent 2 days at Felin Glais - and what a hidden gem! We had a gorgeous room with a large double bed and our own lounge area, and a beautiful ensuite bathroom complete with spa bath and Harrods bathrobes, towels and toiletries. What luxury! We had our own fridge on the landing complete with fresh milk and cordial. Lots of little touches like Homemade Welsh cakes left for us, and a vast choice of teas and coffees in our room. Chris and David are the perfect hosts. They treat you like friends and can't do enough for you. The breakfasts were some of the best we'd had. Will definitely be back. Can't wait!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

I wish I could rate Felin Glais six out of five. Our room was palatial, more like a suite, and bathroom had both a nice shower and entirely separate jacuzzi tub. Breakfasts were the best I've ever been served in a b&b, beginning with a very large selection of fresh fruits, home made compote for those who want something a little more decadent, a fresh loaf of bread, 5 or 6 types of jam, about 10 types of cereal, and then the hot food! And as someone who doesn't eat pork, I really appreciated the outstanding freshly made kedgeree with smoked salmon and haddock! As a final touch, they even had double cream for my coffee. And very dog friendly.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank poliorketes
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brecon
Peterstone Court Hotel
The Town House at Brecon
The Grange Guest House
The Grange Guest House
#3 of 43 in Brecon

Been to Felin Glais? Share your experiences!