“Very pleasant”

The Hours Cafe & Bookshop
Ranked #11 of 73 Restaurants in Brecon
Cuisines: Cafe, Soups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: We are an independent Café & Bookshop located in the little wonky green Tudor building facing the library on Ship Street in Brecon. We serve breakfast from 10am-11.30am and then lunch from 12pm to app. 2-30pm though this is very flexible. We source as much produce locally as we can and everything is freshly prepared to order. We make our own homemade soups, stews, quiches and other tasty delights and have something to suit everyone's taste and pocket. We always offer soya milk, gluten free bread and cater for as wide a range of tastes and requirements as possible. Come along and say hello - a very warm welcome always waits at The Hours.
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Visited with a friend for coffee and cake and then a look round the exhibition upstairs. Very nice! The only disappointing thing was that I couldn't afford to buy all the artwork that I liked!

Reviewed October 21, 2013

A little off my beaten track but I called into this café anyway as it had been recommended by a friend, Great food, coffee and a book to boot!! did not want to leave, a pleasant experience midway through my day.

Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

Popped in to see the Craft exhibition today and decided to have coffee. Other than it being nice and hot I can't say I was overly impressed. Such a shame as Costa is the only other place open on a Sunday and I prefer supporting local businesses.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

We had lunch here recently and thoroughly enjoyed it. Two salads; one halloumi and roast vegetable and the other steak and things, all cooked freshly to order and followed by a delicious coffee and an exercise in self-control to resist the amazing looking cakes. A little browse through the books rounded off a lovely lunchtime in a very friendly and welcoming little spot.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

What a delghtful find! Cosy, friendly, informal with deliciously fresh food and an unhurried atmosphere. New books to buy adjacent the cafe area, second-hand books upstairs. Will definitely return.