“Not great service”

Honey Cafe
Ranked #6 of 73 Restaurants in Brecon
Cuisines: Mexican, British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A friendly family-run restaurant serving good quality home cooked food. Our cakes and desserts are all homemade on the premises. We serve food all day from 9am until 9pm, 7 days a week. Renowned for our cooked breakfasts, street snax and texmex menu after 6pm. Food sourced locally where possible. Beautiful views from our sunny terrace and plenty of parking.
Reviewed June 1, 2014

I would like to just say I am a frequent customer to this restaurant throughout the year because of the good food and value for money. On a recent visit we were sat at our table and had to wait at least 15mins for someone to ask for our drinks order and food order. Then we waited 50mins exactly, as by this time I was watching the time for when our food would arrive. During the 50mins I asked the waitress for another drink which never came so had to re-order once our food arrived. I understand it was busy but surely some prior notice to the customers that service is running late would speak volumes as the impression I got is this is normal. I would like to say food was good as it usually is but service wasnt great to the point of me deciding to try other local restaurants before here from now on.

There are newer reviews for Honey Cafe

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Our group regularly visit this cafe. There are wonderful views to the Black Mountains from the outdoor tables. The breakfasts are always brilliant - a wide choice for a full Welsh Cooked Breakfast. Some of the other portion sizes vary. There has been a steady reduction in size, e.g. gammon, over the past few months. Waiteing staff are brilliant and deserve a medal.

1  Thank GREG V
Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

The honey cafe Bronllys is a fantastic place to have food, or just afternoon tea with fresh cakes and light meals, or a fresh cooked meal at nite to enjoy meals with friends, highly recommend as I throughly enjoy food and the staff

Reviewed May 26, 2014

We have eaten at the Honey Cafe at least 10 times. Wonderful spot with great scenic views and love the House Martins flitting in and out and the cheeky chappie sparrows' As a small Hotel owner myself with Trip Advisor reviews, food very good but could be even better. We sat outside and had Fish n Chips today on cold plate and def no need for salad. A hot plate is essential. Would suggest good quality mushy peas an option for most Fish n Chips lovers. We certainly didnt mind the wait which I note other reviews are just impatient and would suggest a notice indicating this..'We are not a fast food service' or something. The girls who served us were delightful. But have to say on the last 2 occasions that some who take the money are a little officious with a 'money up front' attitude and no thank you ! Correct that and mushy peas, a hot plate and its a 5 star next time.

Reviewed May 7, 2014

Extensive menu but we only wanted a sandwich. Very well filled toasted sandwiches on excellent granary bread with salad garnish and crisps. Good coffee. Nice service. Clean modern loos. Desserts in cabinet looked very tempting but couldn't be justified unfortunately! Would certainly call in again if in the area. Plenty of easy parking.