“nice spot in the sunshine.”
Review of The Georgian Garden - CLOSED

The Georgian Garden
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: Fresh Italian Coffee, Speciality Teas, Hot Food, Snacks, Salads & Cold Drinks in Fabulous Surroundings. Vegetarians and Vegans catered for. In the heart of Brecon; entrance in the little car park on Market Street, near the rear of the Cotswold Outdoor shop and the RAFA Club. Look for the Ferarri’s Coffee sign!
Reviewed September 5, 2012

had coffee and cakes. Both good. We enjoyed sitting in the garden. Do tend to agree with other reviewer the gentleman is a bit flippant. Said the coffee was cold as it was a long way from the kitchen were we were sat. but we didnt put the table at the bottom of the garden! He also didnt seem to like it we moved the bench into the sun. Did not get charged for the espresso as cold. Returned with a hot one.

I would recommend this place on a sunny day, as it is nice to sit out and the cake and coffee are above average. Service could be a bit more slick, but this would not put me off going again. Enjoy

Reviewed August 7, 2012

We found this place by accident, while waiting to meet some friends from west Wales. We were absolutely delighted with the setting when we walked through the gate from the car park. We occupied the only table on the main lawn. We have two young children and they loved playing on the swings, while waiting for their lunches. The owners obviously have young children themselves, as they seemed delighted with our two. The food was lovely and the service was just fine. They did forget part of our order, but it didn't spoil what was a lovely afternoon in the Georgian garden, which we pretty much had to ourselves. A beautiful place.

1  Thank Slingerlud
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Beautiful gardens, such a relaxing place to have a coffee. If you like shabby chic you will love it here. Lovely friendly staff, I will certainly be recommending The Georgian Garden to my friends in the area.

1  Thank Paula P
Reviewed July 17, 2012

We stumbled upon this little gem after reading in a guide that they offered a few vegan options. On arrival, we were pleasantly surprised by the set-up: an enclosed garden with tasteful furniture and other little quirks, such as blankets on hand for customers if the weather is cold. We were made to feel very welcome as soon as we arrived, and I was pleased to see that the vegan options were clearly marked on the menu. The tea is served in special pots that prevent it from stewing, so that was another stand-out experience, and the food was delicious. The service wasn't amazingly fast but this wasn't a problem - the atmosphere is very relaxed and it was merely an excuse to spend more time there! I would definitely recommend giving this place a visit if you're in the area, vegans and non-vegans alike!

1  Thank kokairu
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Judging from two of the reviews here, we have been to a different place than what they describe. Regarding breakfasts finishing at twelve, we've eaten here fairly often and they did turn the breakfast grills off at twelve and they use separate cookers for the vegetarian food (we are veggie). To complain about problems after they turned everything back on and changed the menu for you is a bit nasty.

We've got to know them here and really enjoy it. It's a fun place.

As for the comments about the garden and 'tat, I think you should keep this in context. The local area is home to several vintage shops, and that's what they sell. If you don't get what it is I think you should just not write such nasty comments. I can't believe you have run down every aspect of the place in such detail, I do find that very very suspicious. People around us always seem happy to be here, kids run about the place playing, we've met people from several other countries, it's never been anything like what I read in the other review.

The comments about the owner being bad with people is surprising, especially the bit regarding a disabled child - the owners have a severely disabled child themselves. The garden is a big Georgian walled garden, if you think anyone else actually cares about the plants being genuine Georgian then you must be on a different planet. There are big pictures of the garden and the colourful furniture on their posters before you get in the place, I think you could have maybe spotted the style of the place from those? Perhaps you should have gone to the museum? It's just a lovely garden that's a good place to spend some time. I am going to post on their Facebook page about these comments as I'm sure others will be interested.

We didn't know this place existed until recently, it is a tranquil spot and they treat us well and the food is simple and very nice with great coffee. If you want a regular indoor cafe or more standard surroundings then this maybe isn't for you. Don't run the place down because you don't understand it though (or for any other motives), just leave it for those of us who do. :-)