“Still waiting........” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Georgian Garden - CLOSED

The Georgian Garden
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Seating
Description: Fresh Italian Coffee, Speciality Teas, Hot Food, Snacks, Salads & Cold Drinks in Fabulous Surroundings. Vegetarians and Vegans catered for. In the heart of Brecon; entrance in the little car park on Market Street, near the rear of the Cotswold Outdoor shop and the RAFA Club. Look for the Ferarri’s Coffee sign!
Wales
“Still waiting........”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2012 via mobile

Went here for what we intended to be a quick stop off half way through a long journey home. Chose this place as they advertised that they could cater for vegans (which I am), most places don't even know what a vegan is, so to find one that actually caters for them is pretty rare. I chose the vegan breakfast, while it said on the menu that they stopped it at 12, the (very friendly and helpful) waitress told us that they were doing it all day today, but did advise that we'd have to wait little longer for it, which I was fine with because they had both vegan sausages and bacon again which is very rare. My wife ordered a normal breakfast and my son ordered a ham and cheese toastie. Our drinks arrived within 10 minutes, and my wife was pleased to find that her pot of tea for 1 was big enough for 4 cups, what she didn't realise was how long she'd have to make the tea last before our food turned up. After about 30 minutes the waitress came back to us to ask whether we wanted beans or tomatoes with our breakfasts, my thoughts were that they must be just about to dish up. About 10 minutes later a guy who I think was he owner came out and said that as we were having the breakfasts and they usually finished serving these at 12, they were having to put the grills on again (do you use special kitchen equipment that is only used for making a cooked breakfast?). So now around 40 minutes had passed since we had placed our orders, my coffee was long gone, and the wife's big pot of tea was now stone cold (I forgot to mention that as the name suggests, this cafe is a garden, there is no indoor seating area). It would have been a nice touch if we had been offered top ups in our drinks as we'd been waiting so long, but we weren't. A full hour and a half after we placed our orders, and literally as we were about to walk out, our food arrived, well I say our food, what I mean is my meal and part of my wife's meal arrived, her toast was missing, and my sons toastie didn't come. We told the guy that we were missing the toast and my boys food, he went away and came back some 7 or 8 minutes later with the toast, I asked again for my boys food, he mumbled something then went away again. After both myself and my wife had finished our food and after almost 2 hours had passed, my patience finally gave way, my sons food still hadn't turned up, so I told the very apologetic waitress not to bother bringing it as we'd waited long enough. The guy came to our table and gave us a half hearted apology and said that my sons toastie had been made, but they didn't know where it had gone! For our patience and by way of apology they didn't charge us for the toastie that never turned up (gee thanks!), and he knocked £2.50 off our bill. I'm actually really dissapointed to have to leave a poor review for this place, as I mentioned earlier it's rare to find somewhere that caters for vegans so I really wanted to like it, but I probablly wouldn't go back even if it was free. It would have been if the food had been somewhere worth the wait, but it wasn't. Our breakfasts were supposed to come with mushrooms (plural), believe it or not but neither my wife or I had 1 full mushroom each, I quite literally had 3 slices of mushroom which probablly made up 2 thirds of 1 mushroom. I asked for fried bread instead of toast with my breakfast, but was given dry toast, also parts of the food was cold, so overall pretty poor. To be honest I should have complained, but after waiting so long, I just wanted to get out of there.

8 Thank gdidy

Bristol
“A fantastic find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2011

I Am so glad I spotted the flyer for the georgian garden in the breacon car park, we've just popped in for a spot of lunch & it was fantastic, so pretty, simple & chilled. It's the kind of place u imagine, quaint surroundings & a good small selection on the menu catering for most diets including vegans.
We had delicious toasties & a pot of tea, I would thoroughly recommend a visit

• 5 of 5 bubbles