“Good Curry, Great Service”
Review of Gurkha Corner

Gurkha Corner
Ranked #10 of 73 Restaurants in Brecon
Cuisines: Nepali
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

Tiny little restaurant serving lovely fresh fragrant curry's, a great find in Brecon and deserves its No1 rank on trip advisor!

2  Thank Pitchisshifter

Reviewed January 26, 2013

This place is amazing, the staff are friendly and attentive without hovering, the atmosphere is lovely, like being in someone's home and the food is fresh and tastes fantastic!

The only criticism I can think of is that it is quite small so at busy times you really need to book, and I wish it was closer so I could go more often!

1  Thank SmileyHappyGirl
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Once again a scrumptious meal served by friendly staff. Everything is always so fresh and delicious we've never come away disappointed.

2  Thank Jane H
Reviewed December 19, 2012

I have lived here since 1982 and this is my present favourite restaurant in the Brecon/Hay on Wye area. There is something to be said for Roberto's a very nice Italian restaurant but Ghurkha Corner is by a long way for me the most pleasant. I like everything from the interior table arrangement and decorations to the very nice staff to the superb food which is quite distinctive and subtle in its flavours. Recently it has begun opening lunchtimes too. It also does 'Take away' but the restaurant itself is the most exciting thing - Brecon disappears as you take your seat and you find yourself in a very cosy corner of Nepal being served with delicious and subtle food.

3  Thank boughrood
Reviewed December 10, 2012

We didn't know that Gurkha Corner was the number one restaurant in Brecon on Trip Advisor when we went in, and there was no indication outside that it was so well thought of.
The food was tasty and very reasonably priced - we weren't disappointed with our choice of eaterie.
Gurkha staff, if you're reading this, can I suggest you put your Trip Advisor certificate in the window. This will bring you more custom - you deserve it.

2  Thank kormachameleon