“Top drawer!”

The Bank Bar & Kitchen
Ranked #3 of 73 Restaurants in Brecon
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Bank Bar and Kitchen is a newly opened Venue just off the centre of Brecon. We are open from 11:30am every day and open until Late.The Kitchen is open each day from 12 Midday until 9pm serving Fresh and Locally sourced Food. Families are welcome. We have high chairs for the little ones, and even a Baby Changing Facility.
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Really nice Sunday lunch.They stopped serving this at 4pm but welcomed us at 4.30pm and served an excellent meal.Service was great.highly recommended!

Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

Visited on a Tuesday night and was pleasantly surprised that it was quite busy with a nice friendly atmosphere.
Bar and table staff were very friendly and accommodating and really seemed to want to provide good service.
Decor is really classy and one of the cleanest places we have been to in ages
Definitely worth a try

Reviewed September 15, 2013

We stumbled across this place on a Saturday, after our favourite place was fully booked. It was late afternoon, and the bar area was reasonably full, but we found a table that could accommodate us. There were no menus on the table, and the feeling that I got was that they were more geared up for a bar venue, as to a place to eat. I attended at the bar and was served, and the barman did come over and give us menus. After ordering food, which on paper looked excellent, it took ages to come. I attended at the bar, and saw a waitress turn a wine glass around with her fingers fully inserted into the actual glass, and then pour wine into them. Why not turn the glass on the stem, as opposed to leaving the debris off your fingers in some ones drink? The food came, and my wife's chicken tasted exactly like smoked mackerel and the salad was `frozen. My burger came, and it was absolutely stone cold. It was too late to take it back, as by this time the place was full of party revellers, whose language was choice, especially as we had our two children with us. Upon paying, I informed the bar man who shook his head. Honestly drop the kitchen tag, food was terrible, and train the bar staff on the correct way to serve.

Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

My partner and dined here for lunch before a sightseeing trip. We stumbled across this and took a chance and I am so pleased we did. With friendly and helpful staff, the food was delicious, we had the panini and chips. It's was excellent value for money and I felt at home in this very trendy wine bar.

1  Thank girliegirl123
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Well I have to say after being in work last Sunday I didn't really fancy going home, rolling up my sleeves and cooking a Sunday roast! So the decision was made to go out for a late lunch after closing shop! But alas most local businesses only serve until 2:30!! However, Bank Brecon were more than happy to book a table for us and I can't praise them enough for the warm welcome and customer service we received! The Sunday Lunch was really tasty and well presented, there was plenty of it and the staff were really helpful and friendly! Apparently it was the first day for their new chef - who I would say is doing a great job so far!