“Great food and great service!”

Restaurant at The Castle of Brecon Hotel
Ranked #8 of 74 Restaurants in Brecon
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Our Head Chef produces a menu which represents the best of seasonal cooking. Modern and traditional dishes sit comfortably alongside each other, all freshly prepared, using the best of locally sourced meat, fish and Welsh cheeses.
Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

Very attentive service, not rushed. Good selection of food and reasonably priced. Arrived quickly - good sized portions. Drinks at pub prices. Recommended to me by a local friend - would definitely come back!

Reviewed November 7, 2012

Beautiful food- a tad costly but lovely surroundings, good service and excellent choice- absolutely lovely chips

1  Thank Glesni1
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I took my family for a meal at the Sunday carvery and have to say that the experience was not good. On arrival at the hotel there was no one to meet us so we wandered around the restaurant until I saw a member of staff and confirmed my booking. After having a drink at the bar we moved into the restaurant and again looked for a member of staff to confirm where we would be sitting. Why are the staff never there!!!!!! The carvery meal was best described as average. The chef must have paid for the meat himself because the portions were tiny. I asked for more and could tell he was not happy. He did manage to give me a tiny piece more but I felt uncomfortable having to ask. The vegetables were ok, however the roast potatoes were under cooked. The head waiter in the restaurant on 2 occasions went up to the carvery and helped himself to some beef that the chef had sliced. He just stood at the hotplate stuffing his face, I do not think the staff should be allowed to do this. The organisation in the restaurant was poor. The problem was that the staff were not allocated tables to wait on. It seemed to be a free for all and that just does not work. Overall it was a poor meal with poor service. I would not reccomend going to this restaurant for a meal.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

A great place to eat in Brecon, there is a good selection on the menu, and the mixed grills are excellent and very filling.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

the food was of good quality and well served. My partner remarked his pork chops the best he had tasted.