After seeing the main building and rooms online, we booked for a weekend away. Upon arrival we were shown to our room which could only be described as going to butlins about 20 years ago. It was outdated and small. When we enquirer about dinner we were told we would have to eat in the bar due to a large group of walkers that had reserved the dinning room. To make matters worse it was going to be a carvey and the starters were soup or fruit juice and for 22.95 it was appalling and I would heavily suggest taking a walk into town and choosing a restaurant there we went to the castle and for the same price had a lovely 3 course meal. You have to have breakfast by 9o'clock, and you're served by a moody teenager who doesn't even give you chance to read the menu before asking to take your order.but the beds were comfy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nythfa House is set in a peaceful location, just 10 minutes' walk from the centre of Brecon. We're a short stroll from the cathedral, museum and shops in this attractive market town. The surrounding Brecon Beacons National Park is popular with walkers and outdoor enthusiasts. A stay at Nythfa House could include a stroll or cycle ride along the canal or, for the more adventurous, a walk to the summit of Pen-y-Fan, the highest peak in the Beacons. The magnificent waterfalls at Ystradfellte, the book town of Hay-on-Wye, and the cathedral city of Hereford are all within easy reach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, LateRooms and Booking.com so you can book your Nythfa House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nythfa House Hotel Brecon
- Nythfa House Brecon, Wales