“A lovely pub, with wholesome grub”

The Three Horseshoes Inn
Ranked #2 of 79 Restaurants in Brecon
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We are located in a small village called 'Groesffordd' just off the A470 roughly 3 miles from Brecon (Abergavenny Road) in the heart of the Brecon Beacons. We provide a wide range of delicious homemade starters, mains and desserts all locally sourced. We have two beer gardens on the property with the rear beer garden secured by fencing so safe for little ones, also with a GIANT blackboard .We are a dog friendly premises with our own little bundle of fluff called Ted. Dogs are allowed in the front beer garden and bar area,but not in the restaurant.We have live music once a month on Fridays or Saturdays and quiz nights (Wednesday). We hope you would like to come and join us for a meal, drink or tea/coffee.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The pub was friendly and welcoming, well appointed and offered a really good menu with a number of tempting dishes. My Welsh Ploughman's was extremely tasty, with a good selection of cheeses, a lovely chutney, and ham. The other dishes looked great too, particularly the Plum Tomato Tart.

Date of visit: July 2019
Write a reviewReviews (1,283)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Just back from a great lunch at this pub which is a ten minute country walk from the Caravan and Motorhome Club site just outside Brecon. We didn’t really need starters - my roast butternut squash soup was delicious. My wife had the Thai fish cake - beware the hot chilli sauce.

I had roast lamb and my wife roast beef, both served with a Yorkshire pudding. The veg were numerous and individually served and piping hot. All were excellent and more than enough even for our healthy appetites.

The wine was good and well priced. The staff were pleasant and attentive. I would certainly recommend this pub to anyone visiting the area.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Food was amazing, a fantastic menu choice without being too much. lovely character in a nice quiet inn. Very quaint, lovely fire.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My husband and I were staying at a campsite nearby which recommended the Three Horseshoe Inn. What a find, food was incredible, reasonably priced, good wine selection. Wish it was our local, so good we ate there twice, but you do need to book.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We were recommended The Three Horseshoes Inn by the lady who owned the place we were staying in, and we were a little disappointed. The decor inside is lovely and the staff very friendly, however the food was very expensive for what we were told was “pub food” and the size of the portions were tiny. The food itself tasted average (or slightly below to be honest) and not in line with the price tag. We were expecting a gastro pub so aware that the prices were going to be a little higher, and this wasn’t your standard countryside pub where you take your dogs, and we wouldn’t have minded the prices had the food quality matched it. My steak was £23 and bland with no taste, the broccoli burnt and dry as a crisp. My partner ordered the “rack” of ribs - he got two bones that had one forkful of meat on. The starters were tiny as well. They did bring out some complimentary treacle and wheat bread before our starter which was delicious.

2  Thank PhilippaIsabelle