“Authentic Italian in Brecon”
Review of Roberto's Italian Restaurant - CLOSED

Roberto's Italian Restaurant
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Has closed and has been replaced by Casa
Monmouth, United Kingdom
“Authentic Italian in Brecon”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

My first visit to Roberto's was on the recommendation of my 20 year old niece. As it was an hour's drive for us, I hoped it would be worth it. It was - in bucket loads! A wonderful, authentic Italian restaurant with an extensive menu, relaxed, cheerful service and really tasty, well cooked and plentiful food. It's very good value, too. I spend quite a bit of time each year in Italy, so I'm into good Italian food. This place is great. Visit soon.

• Visited September 2013

west london
“Excellent meal, excellent service”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Firstly, I would have to agree with other viewers that the restaurant does not look promising from the outside. Apparently it used to be an old post office sorting office before being a tile shop and then a restaurant. However, on entering it looks lovely inside, Roberto's has changed hands recently and has a new enthusiastic owner who has redecorated recently. It was early when we ate, and therefore quite empty, But I can see how it can be very crowded if it were busy. However we both had very enjoyable meal, the starters and main courses were very good. I had the meat and fish planks and my partner had a slow cooked pork dish from the specials board. We were served by the manager, service was good and prompt. All in all a very pleasant dining experience which I have no hesitation in recommending. The only negative point is that according to our B&B owners, Roberto's is the only restaurant in Brecon to add on a 10% service charge to the bill. Although we gladly paid this, I do prefer to be given the choice

London, United Kingdom
“A little star amongst the Beacons.”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Frustrated by the lack of anything more exciting than Harvester or KFC in my father-in-law's home turf of Ebbw Vale and driven by our mutual love of all things Italian - we headed north to Brecon with (based on hard worn experience) little in the way of expectations, but hope never dies! What a reward. Good food, from this century, and the friendliest of welcomes backed up by faultless service from Alina and her team. Saturday night saw a full restaurant so be sure to book. You won't be disappointed.

Evesham, United Kingdom
“Great food & service”
Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

Lovely warm welcome on arrival by hostess. Considering it was a weeknight when we visited the standards were still very high and felt well looked after. The portion sizes were decent - came home 100% full. Has had a recent refurbishment on the inside and well kept. Don't be put off by the outside it really is a great restaurant! Also, good tip made on a previous review that a service charge is already added to the bill.

1 Thank Rabito_23
South Wales, United Kingdom
“Best Brecon Restaurant.”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Booked a table for four with friends who enjoy continental cooking, for a Saturday night. It was the wettest wildest night, and yet the place was nearly full with locals all enjoying the excellent choice of food on offer. My Tagliatelle Marinara (seafood) was in a fabulous rich sauce, and beautifully cooked.
Starters and mains for 4 with drinks (wine and beer) followed by coffee, and all for £25 a head including the added service charge of £10. Friendly and very helpful staff.
Great value, highly recommended, but for those who feel draughts, take a wooly with you.