“Poor customer service and no atmosphere in function room”
Review of Nags Head

Nags Head
Ranked #5 of 262 Restaurants in Wrexham
Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Nag's Head in Wrexham is a traditional pub steeped in history, indeed the building itself dates back to 1661, and holds a great town centre location on Mount Street. Here at The Nag's Head you can always be sure of a friendly welcome! Our extensive pub food menu offers something for everyone, from lighter meals to your traditional pub classics, including a great Sunday roast and a great selection of specials. Come along and sample our menu with your choice of tipple from our array of wines from around the world or a carefully selected real ale. We look forward to welcoming you to the Nag's Head soon!
Reviewed December 8, 2013

A month before visiting I booked the function room for 20 people for special birthday celebration.After six phones calls, a menu had still not been emailed to me. On the 7th call I was told that they had tried but the file was too big, but no one had bothered to phone me to say that so I eventually had to pick some up.
When we arrived there was no music in the room, after asking the radio was put on for us, wasn't the best atmosphere. I had phoned a week prior to say we would all be having Sunday lunches. But when we went to order there were only 6 beef dinners left and no cauliflower cheese(optional extra). The dinners arrived in a scattered way and only one portion of veg. (One person serving) Eventually the final 4 meals came out and we were asked if we wanted more veg... We hadn't had any yet. By the time it arrived pipping hot from a microwave and the largest dollop of butter slapped on the top and half a spoon of pepper, the rest of my dinner had gone cold. Not once did anyone ask if we were ok or wanted anything else. We then ordered pudding. We stacked the plates to make room for the pudding. Puddings arrived over a half hour period, by which point we had some very fed up children! I had brought in cupcakes and candles for my mum, three times I had to go down and ask for them to be brought up. We then had to eat them between dinner plates and pudding dishes. During all this there was nobody eating down stairs and about two dozen people sat downstairs drinking. It felt like we were just in the room upstairs out of the way and forgotten about. I don't like to complain usually but feel that nothing was good about the evening, poor service completely let this establishment down and ruined what was supposed to be a birthday celebration.

2  Thank RHughesWrexham

Reviewed November 30, 2013

Went for a meal last night ordered 4 serlions, medium still could see blood on the top of the steak cut into it and it was so raw, but when they first arrived the presentation was awful steak and jacket potatoe on the plate, what happened to the veg? The waitress said sorry we ran out earlier, the people behind having Xmas dinner had some!! No way was thus 8oz serlion more fat than meat, the manager said we could have a discount on our next visit I work to hard to waste my money eating there ever again.

2  Thank dewi2000
Reviewed November 9, 2013

The menu in the nags head is varied, which is great. The food is inexpensive and tastes good, although the chips have a rather powdery feel to them. I tend to swap them for other potato options which is never a problem. It can get quite busy in there and you end up waiting a while, but they always warn you beforehand. The drinks are cheap enough, which is good.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

If you like frozen veg which I don't and over microwaved pie you will love this another thing once we were given our food that was it no one came to see if our food was ok which only shows they don't care

2  Thank Anne P
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Visited the Nags Head (mount street) last month for the first time in a long time and was pleasantly surprised to see the transformation! The staff were very friendly, the pub itself very clean. We sat in front of the fire and enjoyed a light lunch and a glass of wine. My partner said his pint of real ale was cracking! We called back in this week to check out the new menu! Will be back again soon! :)