“Pleasant Surprise”

Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Wrexham
Poole, United Kingdom
“Pleasant Surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

The whole of my stay was a pleasant surprise. I usually stay in Marriott or IHG chain hotels and was impressed that some elements were better than my usual experience. A modern building with plenty of free parking was a good start. Check in was efficient but the room was amazing; spacious, contemporary and very relaxing by not being square. Difficult to describe but all the walls were curved or at an angle. Nice touch to have coat hooks by the door for wet coats rather than having to use the wardrobe and case tables rather than drawer units. Nobody unpacks for an overnight stay. Comfortable bed and powerful shower too. Would breakfast live up to this standard? The answer was yes. Pleasant compact restaurant with well managed small hot buffet which meant everything was hot and fresh. Oh and the coffee was excellent too. Can we have more hotels like this round the UK!

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
StuartMackieGM, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Wrexham, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay with us here at the Ramada Plaza. I was very pleased to read that the standard of our Hotel was of a higher standard that the usual hotel chains you stay in. Also, it was pleasing to read that you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay in terms of the bedrooms and food offerings. I trust we will get the chance to welcome you back again sometime in the near future to the Ramada Plaza.
General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Cwmbran, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2014

Stayed here for two nights with a group attending a womens institute conference at the university. we stayed in executive rooms which were excellent, the food was buffet style for wi members other guest could order from a menu and we had plenty of choice for the evening meal and the breakfast had everything fruit, yogurts and a good choice of hot items etc. The staff were very pleasant and nothing was to much trouble. The hotel is a 15 minute walk to the town centre would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
StuartMackieGM, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Wrexham, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay with us here at the Ramada Plaza. It is always pleasing to read such reviews when our guest enjoyed so many aspects of the Hotel, in particular the food offerings. We hope we can welcome your back again sometime in the future.
Wrexham County, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014

Fantastic food . Really enjoy my Mother's Day here, the staff are lovely :) highly recommended . Even spent last new year here with Tom Jone lol and loved every minute and again the food was excellent haven't stayed in the rooms so can't comment . So well done Ramada x..........................................

• Stayed March 2014
StuartMackieGM, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Wrexham, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent visit to the Ramada Plaza for Mother's Day. It was very pleasing to read your review in particular your comments regarding the food and the staff. I trust we will have to chance to welcome you back again sometime in the near future.
Ammanford
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014

My stay at this hotel was work related. I thoroughly enjoyed my 3 night stay the hotel was lovely, room was clean and very comfortable staff attentive and
and helpful. An extensive choice for breakfast everything from bacon and eggs to cereal and hugh variety of fruit the cooked breakfast was lovely also
The evening meal was equally good quality and value for money. Will look
Forward to another stay she my job requires a further visit.
Piping hot

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

StuartMackieGM, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Wrexham, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay with us here at the Ramada Plaza. It was pleasing to read your review as it covered so many area of the Hotel in particular the bedrooms and our food offerings. I trust we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again sometime in the future.
Basingstoke
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

I have just stayed in the Ramada Plaza in Wrexham for 2 nights whilst attending business up here.

The hotel is ideally located near all the main roads and is also very close to a shopping centre offering restaurants and shops.

The first night I had a pleasant welcome by a receptionist and was impressed by the room size and general layout of the room.

Beautiful spacious bathroom with lovely amenities and plenty of towels.

On the first night my colleagues and I went out as restaurant was full and on the second night we were taken out by another colleague so did not get to sample the restaurant, however looked nice and always seemed busy.

The WIFI was one aspect that could be improved as found it, at times, hard to connect to and obviously you have to pay.

Breakfast was nice and even though we were on a continental rate the ladies very kindly let us have some of the hot breakfast and were very welcoming. There did appear to be some condiments that ran out and couldn't be replaced when I asked, such as Splenda for coffee. Nothing major though just a point for the kitchen stocks.

Overall a very enjoyable stay, beautiful rooms and would most certainly be staying here again in a few weeks when I return to Wrexham.

• Stayed March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay with us here at the Ramada Plaza. It was pleasing to read your review as it covered many aspects of your stay and I shall be discussing your comments with my Head Chef about running out of some items, thank you for bringing this to my attention. I trust we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again sometime in the future.
Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014

This is a quality hotel the room was spacious and immaculately presented with a large comfortable bed and large screen TV with Sky Channels showing. We also enjoyed the Fitness room, the Jacuzzi and Sauna. I would have no hesitation on recommending this Hotel, as a good base for exploring North Wales.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay with us here at the Ramada Plaza. I was pleased to read your review and that you would have no hesitation in recommending the Hotel to others. I trust we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again sometime in the future.