“Decent rooms and good service”

Ramada Plaza Wrexham
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Wrexham
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I travel to Wrexham for a week every year with work and have stayed at this hotel 3 times now. After a long drive, I have always been welcomed by very polite and friendly staff who check me in quickly.

I've never had a problem with rooms - they all seem pretty much the same. Fairly spacious, a comfortable bed and decent shower. They've always been very clean.

Breakfast is decent with a good selection of hot and cold foods. The restaurant downstairs does some really nice dishes in the evening. The bar menu is quite expensive, but the food is fine. Room service menu is not quite as good but not bad either. Only once have I had a problem with a curry I ordered (it just didn't taste right and I'd had the same curry two nights before so could quite easily compare) but the staff were very apologetic and sorted it quickly. Aside from that never had a problem.

My only real complaint is the cost for using internet - it should be free for the price of a room (especially seen as breakfast isn't included in the price).

Definitely seems to be one of the more comfortable places to stay for a visit to Wrexham. Will be staying again next November and would have no problem recommending it.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
StuartMackieGM, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Wrexham, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay with us here at the Ramada Plaza Wrexham. It was pleasing to read that you had such good comments about a number of our facilities and apologise for food standard the second time you had the curry dish, please be assured I shall discuss your comments with my Head Chef. I trust that we will be able to welcome you back to the Ramada Plaza on your next trip to Wrexham.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

Booked into hotel early hours of this morning as travelling, Booked as ok price £75 for a four star hotel.
On arrival porters welcomed us and checked in no problem and breakfast (at an extra cost of £8) would be until 10:30 am. Paying cash seemed to panic the staff a little also. The hotel is very clean and set out lovely. Sttrange gum like marks on floor in reception which lets it down.
Our room 127 was a lovely size with a massive tv, the bed however was so un comfortable it was like lying on bricks. I was so tired it now being 3 am I just didn't care, however my back is in agony today !!!
I had a shower in the morning ( bath mat nearly killed me as cheap thing that has no purpose apart from making the bath even more slippery) the bathroom however was very nice with all the nice little touches.
I went down for my breakfast at 10.05 to find that I had missed it and it finished at 10am.
The nice waiter advised he would make me a breakfast and I could have it in the bar.
Check out was at 11 and reception let me but bags in a safe room so I could go out and have a look around.
All in all needs a few improvements but a nice hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
StuartMackieGM, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Wrexham, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay with us here at the Ramada Plaza. I was overall pleased to read your feedback although overall we have received only positive comments regarding the Hotel beds. I was pleased to read that our staff accommodated your breakfast needs and dealt with this efficiently. With regards to your comments about the 'strange gum marks' on the reception floor this is a natural pigment which comes out of this Welsh slate and is natural in its appearance. There is a large slate plaque next to the front door which explains this appearance. I do thank you for your feedback and trust we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again sometime in the future.

Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

Room was fine for business, good light and workspace. Shower great. Bed reasonably comfortable but very squeaky and the bed springs close to the surface in places.
Service in restaurant was mostly efficient but no smoked salmon for breakfast on first or second day, they claimed they were waiting for a delivery the first day and the second but it didn't appear until day 3. Also don't rely on an early morning call from reception, mine was 30 mins late. Use the TV instead.

• Stayed: January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay with us here at the Ramada Plaza. I shall be speaking to my Head Chef to ensure that all food stock that we advertise is in stock in the future and I apologise that your early morning call was very late. I trust this will not deter you from retuning to the Ramada Plaza again in the future.

Reviewed January 25, 2014

This is a lovely hotel, everything sparkling clean, the rooms a good size, well equip with everything you need, nice bathroom with bath and shower, fridge, hairdryer there is even an ice bucket and u can fill up with ice on the 2nd floor. We only had breakfast in the hotel, very good selection hot and continental. The staff were helpful and cheerful. There is a gym and spa but we didn't try these out - maybe next time. Also, its only 20min drive from Cheshire oaks.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay with us here at the Ramada Plaza. I has pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and in particular so many aspects of the Hotels facilities and offerings. I trust we will have the opportunity to welcome you back sometime in the near future.

Reviewed January 25, 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Reviewed January 22, 2014

We held a seminar at the Ramada Plaza - the room was laid out just the way we wanted and looked great.
Staff were polite, courteous and attentive - ensuring we were well looked after.
Would definitely use them again.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your seminar which you held at the Ramada Plaza. I was pleased that you found the conference room to your satisfaction and that the staff were helpful. I trust we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Ramada Plaza sometime in the near future for another seminar.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

Good sized room, excellent facilities within the room, shame the restaurant food was disappointing. We were upgraded to an executive room, lovely decor, robes, slippers etc well recommended. Good location.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay with us here at the Ramada Plaza. Overall it was a pleasing review although we have noted your comments regarding the food and I shall be discussing your comments with my Head Chef although overall the feedback regarding the Restaurant recently has been positive. I trust we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Ramada Plaza sometime in the near future.