“our perfect wedding at the ramada!”

Ramada Plaza Wrexham
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Wrexham
Wrexham, United Kingdom
“our perfect wedding at the ramada!”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We got married 14th sept 2013 at the ramada, and it was absolutely perfect. We were a bit doubtful about this venue before we booked it as we didn't think there was anywhere nice for pictures, but there are beautiful gardens at the back. It was our photographers first time at the venue and she loved it! All of the staff were so friendly and helpful, they really couldn't do enough to make it our day! The food was absolutely beautiful, we had a chef who`s worked in top restaurants around the world as a best man and even he was impressed! (I`d definitely recommend the brownie, It was delicious!) Leading up to the wedding, Claire, the wedding organiser was always on hand with information and was so lovely and friendly, reminding me of everything that needed to be done, and on the day, Daniel, the master of ceremonies, was awesome and made sure our day ran perfectly! It was the first wedding in our family, and nobody really knew what to expect, but with the help of all of the staff at the ramada, our day was amazing. I really couldn`t recommend this place enough if you`re looking a wedding venue that is very reasonably priced, yet still beautiful and very well run! Thank you!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sara r
StuartMackieGM, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Wrexham, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your review following on from your Big Day with us here at the Ramada Plaza Hotel, Wrexham. It always so pleasing to read such reviews are it covers all areas of you Big Day, including the staff, the food, the hotel and even our beautiful gardens at the rear of the Hotel. Please be assured that all the staff has been informed of your review with special mention to Claire and Daniel. We do hope we will welcome you back to the Ramada Plaza sometime in the near future and many thanks again for such a positive review.
General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Albany, New York
Reviewed September 20, 2013

We stayed there only one night with a tour of Wales/Ireland. I must say I was very surprised because some of the Ramada hotels in the US are not as nice. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was clean and modern (very nice towels also). I also thought the food was better than we expected. I wish we could have spent more time at this hotel, it was one of the best hotels in our tour.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
StuartMackieGM, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Wrexham, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent visit to the Ramada Plaza Hotel. So pleasing to read so many positive points regarding your stay and that we are a great deal better than many of the Ramada's in the United States. Hopefully, we will get the chance to welcome you back sometime in the future and we all hope you enjoyed to visit to Briatain/Ireland.
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Got married in the ramada wrexham in August 17th 2013 and everything was amazing the hotel and staff are fantastic and are willing to help make the day as special as possible , highly recommend to anyone

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your wedding here at the Ramada Plaza Hotel. So pleasing to see that everything went according to plan and your Big Day was such a success. We look forward to welcoming you back hopefully sometime in the near future.
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 14, 2013

I stayed here for 4 nights on business. I was given a free upgrade on check-in. The room had all essentials, bed was comfortable, good desk space and air con. Room was a bit dusty in places so cleaning could improve. Hotel was otherwise very clean, light and airy. The executive room I was upgraded to was on top floor - was very quiet and lift was helpful. Breakfast was very nice! All together a good hotel.

Room Tip: Top floor executive rooms
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
StuartMackieGM, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Wrexham, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay with us here at the Ramada Plaza Wrexham. It was pleasing to read the review as it covered many aspects of the Hotel but I shall be discussing your comments with my Head Housekeeper. I trust we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Ramada Plaza sometime in the future.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I was booked into this hotel on business, and having never stayed at a Ramada Plaza before was open minded as to what to expect. Well very nice indeed and at a similar cost to other hotels booked by my employer. In fact I would say far superior to anything that I've stayed in to date.

The hotel is clean and fresh, the reception staff welcoming and the check-in process efficient. The room was excellent with a quirky twist with the furniture at angles to the walls and the included angles provided storage space. The room was fully air conditioned which made a fantastic change to a previous hotel. Facilities included the usual tea, coffee and biscuits along with hot chocolate together with a mini-bar serving soft and alcoholic drinks. A nice touch was the complementary bottled water and two bottles of fresh orange.

The bathroom was clean and of a decent size with the usual toiletries provided, there were even bathroom slippers provided.

The bed was really comfy and I got a really good sleep with plenty of pillows to get that optimum position.

The downside though is the American chain hotels practice of charging for WiFi, come on !! I ended up just tethering my phone to my laptop ... sorted :-)

The TV was another disappointment with no access to the full range of Free-view channels, sorry but I'd expect no less than what I can get at home.

I decided to try the room service and I have to say I wasn't disappointed in the quality of the food, really tasty and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Breakfast was good, but when I went down the smallish breakfast area was very busy with a tour coach party, wee bit annoyed they ran out of coffee and it appeared nobody was paying attention to this so it ended up with another orange juice and out.

The staff were great, friendly, polite and efficient.

Overall despite the little niggles I would definitely stay again and would recommend to fellow travelers and business users.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
StuartMackieGM, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Wrexham, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your detailed review of the Ramada Plaza following on from your recent visit. It is always pleasing to read such positive reviews and in particular as the review covers many aspects of the Hotel's facilities and also the staff. I was also pleased to read that despite a few minor negative comments - wi-fi and TV channels, you would return again in the future.
Nth Wales
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Well, there are not many reliable places to stay/eat/drink in Wrexham but this is the best you can get all round for value in a central position close to hospital and university for those who are maybe visiting relatives or friends at either. Local business people book here too so says a lot and food has always been ok for me when visited for buffet lunch and staff occasions . Worth your while I reckon .

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent visit to the Ramada Plaza Wrexham. I was overall pleased to read your positive comments regarding the Hotel's location and out food offerings. I trust we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future.
General Manager.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wrexham
Travelodge Wrexham
Rossett Hall Hotel
Rossett Hall Hotel
#2 of 2 in Rossett
Grosvenor Pulford Hotel & Spa

Been to Ramada Plaza Wrexham? Share your experiences!