“Convenient location but a little on the expensive side”

Ramada Plaza Wrexham
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Wrexham
Reviewed May 19, 2013

A very clean, comfortable room and a comfy bed. Nicely equipped bathroom and good quality toiletries. The windows open enough to provide some fresh air which is a bonus. Staff very friendly and helpful. Downsides: £80 for a 'special' rate to include breakfast is on the expensive side for one person and my room unfortunately was one of the multi-functional ones that double up with the adjoining room as a family room which meant I had a door, rather than a wall, between my room and the next. I could hear every word the occupants were saying hence didn't have the best night's sleep despite the comfy bed. The receptionist apologised and promised to let the management know about the problem but that didn't allay my tiredness. Restaurant was OK and the staff attentive and friendly. I'd stay again if the room price was more favourable but at £80/90 i'll probably give it a miss.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Welshweekenders
StuartMackieGM, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Wrexham, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your review after your recent stay with us here at the Ramada Plaza Wrexham. I am sorry that you had a disturbed nights sleep due to the inter-connecting doors but pleased that you found the bedrooms and the toiletries to your liking. I do sincerely hope that this will not deter you from returning to the Hotel sometime in the future.

There are newer reviews for Ramada Plaza Wrexham

Reviewed May 18, 2013

I stayed at this hotel as part of a week-long coach tour of Britain; reservations and payment were made by the Cosmos/Globus vacation group.

This Ramada was by far the best designed and most comfortable hotel on our tour. The rooms benefitted by clever design and layout making them feel even larger than they are. Desk and dining room staff are enthusiastic and well trained/adept at welcoming guests and making them feel their stay mattered to everyone employed in the hotel. I felt obliged to call the dining room manager aside to complement her and her team's service.

This location makes it certain I will consider staying at other Ramada Inns in the future.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
StuartMackieGM, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Wrexham, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your review after your recent stay with us here at the Ramada Plaza Wrexham. It is always pleasing to read such a review and especially so with your comments regarding the bedrooms, food and the staff. We do take great pride in our Hotel and have had many comments regarding the design and lay-out of the bedrooms which makes then stand out from other Hotel bedrooms. We hope you had an enjoyable holiday in the UK.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

I stayed with my husband and two children and found it to be really good value for Money, The rooms were large and clean. The staff were very friendly and made an effort with the kids. Very family friendly, the food was great and we had a dip in the pool. Very pleasant stay - will definitely go again

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write your review after your recent stay with us here at the Ramada Plaza Wrexham. It is always pleasing to read such a review and especially so with your comments regarding the bedrooms, food and the staff. We look forward to welcoming you back sometime in the future.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

I stayed here in triple room which was amazing value at £95.00. The rooms are lovely with ensuite bathrooms and even though I drew the short straw and had the pull out bed I had a good night's sleep. The facilities included a fantastic spa and sauna. I didn't use the restaurant except for breakfast which was very good. The bar menu was also good though if you want a late drink you have to charge to your room rather than use cash.

No complaints with this hotel, it was a great central location. The only thing which stopped me giving it 5 stars was the amount of time we had to wait for the food we ordered - almost an hour and we were the only people in the bar, in the middle of the day.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to write your review after your recent stay with us here at the Ramada Plaza Wrexham. It is always pleasing to read such a review and especially so with your comments regarding the bedrooms, breakfast and the hotel facilities. Again, thank you for your feedback regarding the bar food, this I can assure you will be discussed with my Head Chef. We look forward to welcoming you back sometime in the future.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

The hotel is just outside the town on the edge of a technology park. The room was spotless and spacious with a good selection of toiletries.
The hotel is good value
There is a bar and restaurant on site and after a long drive most welcome. Staff friendly and helpful. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write your review after your recent stay with us here at the Ramada Plaza Wrexham. It is always pleasing to read such a review and especially so with your comments regarding the bedrooms and the staff. We look forward to welcoming you back sometime in the future.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Just taken a group for one night last Saturday night and everything was perfect. Betty Hicks organised everything for me, I found her a delight to work with, it really helps with planning when working with someone so professional, thanks

• Stayed: June 2012
StuartMackieGM, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Wrexham, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent group stay here at the Ramada Plaza Wrexham. It is always pleasing to read such reviews and please be assured that I shall personally let Betty know about your kind words. Hopefully, we will have the chance to welcome another group back in the near future.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

We stayed here for 1 night while visiting family in Wrexham. We normally stay at the local Premier Inn or similar hotel but most of the cheaper hotels locally were fully booked. We received a warm welcome from the receptionist who booked us in and asked if we wanted to purchase a voucher for breakfast or book a table for dinner in the restaurant. We didn't need either. The room 227 was nice and big and the décor pleasant. There is an ice machine and snack machine on level 2. Usual tea and coffee facilities in the room. Rooms have a mini bar but as we were only there for the night we had a drink in the bar instead of using this. £9 something for a glass of wine and a pint in the bar was on the expensive side but this is a 4* hotel and I would assume a lot of guests put it on their expenses. Really liked the plentiful nice big towels in the bath room and complementary toiletries although I didn't use the toiletries.

The hotel is located close to the hospital but is a bit far to wander into town in the evening.

I would if necessary stay here again but it was a bit expensive for room only as Wi-Fi was extra and it only has basic TV channels no free view.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay with us here at the Ramada Plaza Wrexham. It is always pleasing to read such reviews and also that you were pleased with the facilities that we have to offer, particularly with regards to the bedrooms. We hope to welcome you back sometime in the near future.
General Manager.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wrexham
Travelodge Wrexham
Hallmark Hotel Llyndir Hall, Chester South
Rossett Hall Hotel
Rossett Hall Hotel
#2 of 2 in Rossett
Holiday Inn A55 - Chester (West)

Been to Ramada Plaza Wrexham? Share your experiences!