“My hotel of choice in Wrexham”

Ramada Plaza Wrexham
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Wrexham
Bristol
“My hotel of choice in Wrexham”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I have stayed here many times usually for convenience if starting work early or arriving late. It has plenty of free parking but is located on the business park out by the bypass so a fair walk or taxi ride into town.

The first thing that struck me on arrival was the noise in the bar due to a wedding party. This seemed to be preoccupying all the staff and I wasn't given a friendly greeting by the reception supervisor nor welcomed as a Wyndham Rewards member and had to chase the benefits associated with this and the room booking. This meant I didn't get settled for about 40 minutes after arrival and didn't get a chance to explore the fitness room before dinner!

I sat down for an early meal with colleagues as we had an early start in the morning. Even though the restaurant was empty we were sat nearest the bar and wedding disco which beacame tedious as we had to raise our voices over the noise and the meal dragged on for over 2 hours due to slow service. Food quality for all was very good with decent size portions (apart from the cheese and biscuts which was miserley). Wine was good.

Sleep was interrupted by activities outside including fighting by the wedding guests so we all had a story to tell in the morning. We managed to get back for breakfast which was very good. Plenty to chose from and excellent porridge!

So all in all not quite the relaxing evening I was looking forward to but very convenient as we were working locally.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
StuartMackieGM, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Wrexham, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay with us here at the Ramada Plaza Wrexham. It is always constructive to hear the views of our guests and while I appreciate your comments about the wedding guests we do everything with-in our power to ensure they do not affect the stay of other guests. There is no excuse for the unfriendly welcome and this matter will be addressed. We act on all feedback and please be assured that all of your comments have been noted and will be addressed. Once again, thank you for your constructive feedback and we look forward to hopefully welcoming you back to the Hotel in the near future.
General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Cardiff
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Stayed a couple of nights, business trip. Bedrooms modern, adequately furnished, and very comfortable bed. Very clean. The spa was closed for maintenance, a disappointment! The first night there were about 15 of us staying and we ate in a function room, from the three-course set menu (which costs around £20, quite reasonable). Adequate food, generally quite acceptable although nothing fancy. My dessert, lemon/lime tart was however tired and soggy. The next night I was on my own, ate in the restaurant from the a la carte menu, better quality certainly. I ordered a glass of Pinot Grigio, and was served a completely undrinkable wine, which I complained about; the head waiter immediately removed it, and offered me a choice of two alternative wines; having sampled the bottle from which my original glass had been poured he realised I was right! He did not charge me for the replacement, which I appreciated. However, the choice of house wines was not great and the wine list pretty perfunctory. Anyway, all in all, my stay was not bad at all, and I would certainly return for a night or two stay. I don't think you could do much better in the area unless you go out to one of the country house hotels in the nearby countryside. Just over £100 Dinner, B&B, in the middle of the winter.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay with us here at the Ramada Plaza Wrexham. It is always positive to read such feedback with regards to many parts of your stay with us. I have to apologise for the spa being down for maintenance, unfortunately we were awaiting delivery of a replacement part. Also, many thanks for the feedback regarding the wine and dessert. As with all such comments I shall be discussing these with my team here at the Hotel. Once again, thank you for your constructive feedback and we look forward to hopefully welcoming you back to the Hotel in the near future.
Perth, Australia
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I enjoyed the night here on a recent organised tour.

The room was modern and spacious, particularly the design of the bathroom.

What blew me away was the food and service. We had a buffet dinner booked for our arrival which is always a bit of a cause for concern however the food was of excellent quality. There were both hot and cold options as well as dishes for non meat eaters. Two thumbs up to the kitchen team from me. Breakfast was also excellent.

I visited the bar on a few occasions and was met with a great selection of local and imported beers and very friendly staff. In fact I didn't come across anyone working here who wasn't up for a decent chat. Something lacking in the service industry these days.

Keep it up.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
StuartMackieGM, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Wrexham, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay with us here at the Ramada Plaza Wrexham. Always pleasing to read such reviews in view of the fact it covers so many areas of the Hotel which you commented on. Great to read your comments regarding the staff, please be assured your comments will be passed on to all the staff. Enjoy the rest of your holiday in the UK.
Wrexham, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I stayed a couple of nights before my wedding. I found it to be excellent in every way.
The bedroom was big, comfortable, quiet and warm (air con worked well).
The staff were all very friendly and efficiant.
Food was also excellent and good value, Dinner and Breakfast.
And it was nice to see an international brand supporting local business by stocking Welsh meats and Wrexham lager.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
StuartMackieGM, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Wrexham, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Many thanks for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay with us here at the Ramada Plaza Wrexham. It is always pleasing to read such reviews especially as your review covered many positive areas of your stay. Where ever possible we do try and use local produce and from local suppliers and this covers all area of the business. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Ramada Plaza sometime in the near future.
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I stayed at the hotel twice in October 2012 on business and found that it was mostly great value for money. The rooms are well appointed and comfortable and the staff are friendly and helpful. I travelled once alone and once with colleagues and was made to feel welcome both times. I have two minor criticisms about the rooms. The first is that the bathrooms have nylon shower curtains that smell terribly damp. This is something that could be easily remedied. My second is that there are no plugs next to the bed where I could charge my phone and as I was away from home on business I found this inconvenient.

The food in the restaurant was a bit of a let down on both occasions. Service at dinner is slow and the second time I visited the quality of he meal varied greatly from the first. I also found the breakfast to be poor quality for the price, but liked that it was a buffet style.

I will definitely continue to use this hotel when in Wrexham.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
StuartMackieGM, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Wrexham, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
.Thank you for taking the time to write your review following you stay with us recently. Overall, I am pleased with your review and have certainly taken on board your comments regarding the bedrooms and food service and standard. As with all feedback, be positive or negative I shall be discussing the points you raised with my Head of Departments are where ever possible try and address these issues. I sincerely trust that these will not deter you from returning to the Ramada Plaza again in the near future.
Cardiff
Reviewed January 24, 2013

This was the first time I stayed at this hotel although I visit the area quite often. I had three colleagues with me and we were all very impressed with the quality of the hotel, from check-in to check-out. The rooms are very spacious and comfortable, with a well-designed bathroom. Breakfast was excellent - fresh grapefruit and a full cooked breakfast - and a toasting machine that really worked! Loads of parking and only minutes off the A483. Ideally located for business and leisure and less than half an hour from the amazing Pontcysyllte Aquaduct World Heritage Site.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay with us here at the Ramada Plaza Wrexham. It is always a pleasure to read such reviews which gives such positive feedback but also positive feedback to all areas of the Hotel from when you arrived until you left. Please be assured that a copy of your review will be issued to all staff. Also, we look forward to welcoming you back to the Ramada Plaza sometime in the near future.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Stayed over on a business trip. First impressions were excellent. Quick check in, room big, clean and well equipped . Doves on the restaurant, food reasonable and not badly priced. The one big problem was the room was FREEZING..... Air con very. poor and non responsive
I complained at reception at 1.00 am and someone came up to "fix" it.this did not work rest of night doesn't very cold. I mentioned it on check out and they seemed aware off the problem,and knocked off the price of breakfast.very good, but I would have preferred to be warm.
Other than that a pleasant stay.

• Stayed January 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your stay here at the Ramada Plaza Hotel, Wrexham. I was pleased to read your review that overall you had a satisfactory stay but have also noted your comments regarding the heating which I offer my sincere apologies for, this should not have been the case and my housekeeping/maintenance teams are now in the process of checking every room to ensure that the heating in each of them works. I do sincerely trust that this will not deter you from returning to the Ramada Plaza in the future.
General Manager.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wrexham
Travelodge Wrexham
The Lemon Tree Restaurant with Rooms
Rossett Hall Hotel
Rossett Hall Hotel
#2 of 2 in Rossett
Holiday Inn A55 - Chester (West)

Been to Ramada Plaza Wrexham? Share your experiences!