“Excellent”

Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Wrexham
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2014

Stayed 2 nights, August 2014. We are a family of 4, two adults and two teenage boys. This Travel lodge is great value for money. I have no hesitation in recommending it. We stopped using Travel Lodges a number of years ago because of their poor condition. Came back this time because we couldn’t get a booking with our usual accommodation. (The Competition!)
The good points are: Clean and firm (Look new) mattresses, c/w covers! Everything in good working order and clean. Flat Screen TV with good reception. Pull out single beds were for fit for purpose. Professional and friendly staff. Only bad point was no restaurant on site for breakfast.
Finally, free wi-fi for the first half a hour, but why? Come on Travelodge, it's 2014
Travelodge will definitely be on our list again. Hope to be back next year in Wrexham.

Room Tip: Rooms on front can be noisy early morning from people pulling away
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Worksop Notts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2014

This was a very easy to find Travelodge and very very nice. Excellent staff especially Sam.. Lovely room and nice bathroom. Bed extremely comfortable and slept well. We were going on yo Cheshire Oaks shopping centre after leaving Colwyn Bay so was perfect for an overnight stay

Room Tip: We stayed in room 3 no noise whatsoever
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Helston, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

Very clean and very friendly would use again. We had two good night sleeps. town was not far. close to where we needed to be. It was a shame no restaurant for breakfast but did not spoil a good trip..

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Camborne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

The travelodge is excellent value for money, especially as a short stopover base for the area. Close to Wrexham and all amenities are close at hand.
On arrival the receptionist was very friendly and informative making booking-in hassle-free.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

Newly refurbished when I stayed here was lovely spacious rooms where clean and tidy and the bed was the most amazing bed I'd slept in!! Also had ironing equipment to borrow from the reception which is handy as my dress for my meal out was all creased!! Lovely hotel and would definitely stay again

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Swansea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here as my daughter was performing at the eisteddfod in bala. The room was clean, and a reasonable size. The staff were friendly and helpful. My own complaints would be no air conditioning as the room was ground floor and very warm, only selected tv channels and not enough sockets. As we were two adults with phones to charge, a daughter with a DVD player plus hair dryer and of course their kettle and tv. So three sockets were nowhere near enough. And not one was near the bed. Saying this we would stay here again as it was convenient to get to lots of places.

• Stayed May 2014
Caerphilly, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014

I booked a family room for my daughter and her family for 25/05/14. I made this booking on the the 03/04/14, and then confirmed that the booking was still ok on Thursday 22/05/14. I was assured that the booking was fine and was assured everything would be ok. On the afternoon of the 25th, while my daughter was driving to the Travelodge from South Wales, I received a phone call to say that the family room I had booked had been flooded that morning!! I was told my daughter would have to be accommodated elsewhere. I managed to contact my daughter and told her to contact the Travelodge, which she did. She was told, by an assistant by the name of Rachel, she would have to divert to Flint to stay in the Travelodge there because the booked room had been flooded that morning. Friends of my daughter, who she was supposed to be meeting, were staying at The Wrexham Travelodge and found out that the room had been flooded 6 weeks previously (the room was number 6) and that 5 seperate families had been booked into the same room and had to be diverted or turned away!!! Why were we lied to and why was I assured the room booking was ok just days before my daughter travelled? To cap it all the room my daughter was given in Flint was dirty and dusty with black scum marks in and around the bath. I don't like complaining but surely the lies and deceipt were not warranted. I am disgusted by the Travelodge service from their personnel. Photographs were taken at both Travelodges.

Room Tip: Don't rely on Travelodge, they more than double book.
Stayed May 2014, traveled with family