Woodhey Guest House
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Wrexham(Wrexham)(Great Value!)
$43
Travelodge
All reviewsb blarge housebusiness or pleasurewalk into townfeel very welcomehome from homecouple of nightscooked breakfastvanessahostspubs
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 13, 2013

We were warmly greeted and shown to our room which had all the facilities you would expect. Our hosts were very helpful in terms of giving us directions and telling us the best places for an evening meal. We didn't want a cooked breakfast on either morning and there seemed to be genuine disappointment as they were itching to cook us one! Much better than staying in some anonymous hotel. Thanks for everything.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Horrible place. All rooms have single glazed windows, which allows noise to come through all night from the adjacent busy main road. Would never go back. Landlady is ver arrogant and unfriendly. I only complaint about the noise in bedrooms and I was told you are not allowed to complain.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Woodhey, Owner at Woodhey Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2013

To our guest who thought I was arrogant I would just like to say Woodhey has 23 very good reviews on TripAdvisor and a Guest Book full of excellent reviews.
The room that was occupied has double glazed windows and the noise from the road is minimal.
At no time was this guest told that he could not complain. My husband and I are professional people who have been in the hospitality business for more than 30 years and pride ourselves on our friendly and welcoming approach to our guests.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

We had a one night stay and were very impressed with the house and the garden. It's in an excellent position for a visit to the National Trust place at Erddig (well worth a visit) which is why we selected it after reading Tripadvisor.
The room had everything we needed and was clean and tidy. It faced the road but the traffic noise wasn't too bad. We had to sleep with the window open because it was so hot and it was the sound of the wood pigeons that kept us awake!
Breakfast the next morning was excellent by B&B standards and well cooked by the owner. It was good start to our holidays.

Room Tip: A room at the back might be quieter.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Over the past couple of years I've stayed in various hotels and B&B's in Wrexham and none of them seem to get it quite right. All I want is a warm welcome, a good nights sleep in a clean and comfortable room and a good breakfast. The Woodhey is the only establishment that ticks all the boxes for me. I stayed here for the first time for 5 nights at Easter and the hosts went out of their way to make me welcome. I'm returning to Wrexham at the end of August and for the first time I didn't have to ponder about where to stay and I'm now looking forward to my next stay at the Woodhey

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 3, 2013

The nicest guesthouse I have ever visited! When you are a family of 6 it can sometimes be difficult to get enough rooms at an affordable price. But at Woodhey it was no problem at all. From the moment we entered the front door, we were met with a comfortable and "homey" feeling. Every day when we came back from our trips to nearby cities, we came home. It felt just like home. Every morning we woke up to a lovely breakfast, and already the first morning we started a friendly bickering and bargaining about who should continue to make breakfast once we got home again. Staying with Vanessa and Nasos was worth every penny and we would definately come from Denmark to visit them again,

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family