Tripadvisor
Wrexham

“There was no taste at all on the dinners we had and the lady who served was in to much of a rush to listen we asked for full ch”

The Fat Boar Wrecsam
Ranked #20 of 282 Restaurants in Wrexham
Description: We are independent bar and restaurant that provides fry food, drink and live music. Open seven days a week.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Been a few times here but it seems to be slipping each time we go it had poor service after we where there early so took a seat told they would come get us but forgot us then from there on poor tasting food and poor service

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (575)

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

The Fat Boar has a dedicated Vegan menu. Plenty of choices here with a good selection of starters, main courses and deserts. They have Guinness on tap and some drink menu choices which includes red and white Vegan based wines. Great to see more places waking up and catering for a cruelty free plant based lifestyle!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

When we arrived I asked the waitress if I could use my ‘this is wrexham card’ which is a discount card I was told yes . When another waitress took our order I was told I couldn’t use it very confusing! Anyway I had halloumi chips to start which were brilliant then other half had chicken wings which were ok .Followed by lamb steak and shepherds pie , the lamb was lovely cooked pink the red cabbage to go was it was a bit sweet for me, the other half had the aubergine moussaka which he enjoyed. Staff were friendly and attentive

Reviewed January 17, 2020 via mobile

Called in here for lunch & loved it so much we have booked the sister restaurant in Mold for a birthday lunch tomorrow. The staff were very welcoming & gave us a choice of where we sat.
I chose the 3 for £15 menu - it says it is part of the taster menu so smaller portions but you wouldn't notice. I had the honey glazed mini sausage to start, the huge Cajun chicken burger & fries and the caramel sundae (photo attached). All were delicious and we'll cooked.
My husband chose the duck bao buns with Hoisin mayo to start - superb and the Sea bass served on Asian noodles with a vegetable spring roll and Pak choi - very authentic. Pudding was a spotted dick swimming in smooth silky custard.
The restaurant is a lot bigger inside than it looks from the outside, it has a trendy wine bar look to it but not pretentious as some such places are. The staff were very friendly and efficient....all in all a perfect lunch and great value. Looking forward to trying the one on Mold tomorrow.

Reviewed January 12, 2020 via mobile

Another enjoyable visit.Food good service spot on and the cocktails wonderful.Booked again for another visit with friends.Well done.

Date of visit: December 2019