“Worst pint in Wrexham?” 1 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Drinks, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Wrexham, United Kingdom
“Worst pint in Wrexham?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2011

What happened to this place??

When it opened they had a good selection of lagers, reasonable prices and the outside area was always busy at weekends, the Soul/hip-hop DJ was fantastic..

Now you'll get a flat pint of Fosters or Stella an it'll cost you an arm and a leg, the DJ has apparently been stopped because it was "Too loud"?! Are they serious? Now all you can hear is Honky Tonks across the road!

This is potentially an excellent bar, but the owners have taken it so much downhill recently that it has lost all of it's class, and alienated many customers.

Sort it out L'etage!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
10 Thank rjones59

wrexham
“Very disappointing !!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2011

I haven't eaten here and don't think I ever will !!
When l'Etage opened it was probably the smartest bar in Wrexham. Since a lot of the staff changed, about a year ago, it has gone downhill. The drinks are not always decent quality and service can be very slow. Judging by the last time I was there a couple of weeks ago, the toilets are never checked during a busy night - the condition of them was disgusting.
It is such a shame that standards have fallen so low - it started off as such a promising place.

• Visited February 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank dancer0405
wrexham
“keep away”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2010

my wife and i went into letage for a drink, as i had been there the year before and had a pleasant experience. however on my second visit, it took approximately 10 minutes before we were served, it then took a further ten minutes to recieve our drinks. the drinks we recieved were far from our expectations. the cosmopolitan (£5) for my wife was made in the glass (not shaken) with a vodka called 'drops' which i am told is bought for a couple of pounds per bottle. the vodka redbull that we ordered was then made with drops vodka and happyshopper redbull with 35p on the side of the can, this costing me another £5. from speaking to other people that have visited letage in the last 6 months it is clear the standard of service and drink quality has serverely dropped, and is nowhere near the place it once was! what a waste! nice place - everything else - terrible

5 Thank bob190266
WREXHAM
“a Fantastic Night Out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2009

I visited L'etage a few weeks ago and I really enjoyed the evening. My friends and I ate very well and then rather than move to another bar we stayed all night. The goldfich bowls were brilliant. Frenzi upstairs was a great place to be and the girls out that Friday were just amazing. L'etage is a real must visit place ona Friday and Saturday.

North Wales
“Very Bad”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2009

Went here to celebrate my wife's birthday with some family members and leftWent here to celebrate my wife's birthday with some family members and left very disappointed.

Here are the highlights:

Service very bad’
Soup stone cold,
Cold main course,
Fish still had the whole spinal column in it,
Steak as tough as a boot

We went there based on a recommendation from a friend, but looks like we must have gone on a bad night, although we will not be returning to see if they were correct.

1 Thank diveteam