“Oh no NOT again”

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Wrexham
“Oh no NOT again”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

we have been venturing to the sleepy panda since it opened over 20 years ago. I would say over the years it was my favourite chinese restaurant and was so popular that you had to book weeks in advance to get a table. NOT ONCE over the years did we ever have cause to complain as the food was always served to your table fast and ALWAYS HOT.

Then at the end of 2010 Henry (Manager) and his wife retired. Absolute chaos!!!

We attended in January 2011 for my sons 16th birthday our first visit under the new management team. We had booked the table for 12 family & friends. What a disaster. The service was appauling having to wait long periods between courses, food being presented cold and forgotten dishes.

We decided after this we would not go back to the sleepy panda, but as time crept on we ventured back only to experience the same service.

Tonight was one of the nights we decided to venture back as we havnt been there for about 6 months. We ordered a banquet and requested to change some of the dishes which was not a problem with an extra charge that we didnt mind. First two courses arrived hot and well enjoyed and we thought YES! they have finally cracked it. THEN we waited 15 minutes for the next course to which only the rice and one dish was provided and yes youve guessed it the dish was COLD. After informing the waitress the dish was removed and we were left with the rice on the table...so we fed on the rice for 10 minutes waiting for all the dishes to be delivered to the table....and yes they were then served hot.

I did discuss the service with the manager to find her attitude extremely rude. I dont think asking for your food to be served hot is unreasonable!!!!

SO I am advising anyone out there who wishes to go for a lovely chinese meal in Wrexham....DO NOT GO TO THE SLEEPY PANDA...........we will definitely NOT be going there again.

There is a good chinese restaurant in town called the Eastern Sheraton or a little further afield the Old Bridge in Caergwrle.

If you were to read my other reviews on restaurants I always like to put down the positives but alas The Sleepy Panda does not have any!!!

• Visited October 2012
3 Thank Thor1509

Connah's Quay, United Kingdom
“Crowded”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Went there because it was our sons birthday, and he really loves Chinese food. The place was packed, too packed we, had to pass food over ourselves because there was no room for the waiter to pass by. A lot of food returned, and so was ours. Really dissapointed. Wouldnt go there again....

1 Thank redblackbird
Wrexham, United Kingdom
“Reliable choice”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Have used this restaurant a number of times - the food is always good - recommend booking ahead as it does sometimes get crowded

Visited December 2011
1 Thank MikeGBSL
wrexham
“Wonderful meal”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I came last night to the sleepy Panda for a friends birthday meal.. The food was beautiful I really enjoyed it. Will be coming back soon.

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank karen354
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Nice place”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I came here with friends & family the other night, I remembered it from when we last visited Wrexham 7 years ago. The restaurant was very busy but it was a nice atmosphere, nicely decorated etc. The food is great too.

• Visited September 2012