“Good but had better” 3 of 5 bubbles

The Sleepy Panda
Ranked #32 of 244 Restaurants in Wrexham
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Shropshire
“Good but had better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2012

Good food, in contrast to other reviews, I didn't find it that expensive. Had better food at other Chinese restaurants but this did fine and is only 15 mins drive for us. The decor is a bit 1970's Chinese style and could do with an overhaul, but I'd recommend the place for a meal - we'd go back so perhaps that is the best indicator.

• Visited July 2012

“Nice but overpriced.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

Exceptional good but....so expensive. Great for a treat once in a while. Set menus are best value. Staff are promt if not a little too speedy.

wrexham
“Always first class”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

Food, service, surroundings, very good . Food exeptionally good quality have never had a bad meal there

Visited August 2012
Wrexham, United Kingdom
“Overrated, pricey slow service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

Been many times with family, dining in and take-away ... food is ok, but compltely overrated and stupidly pricy !
Staff are nice enough and service has always been ok; however, I am definitely on the look out for a nicer chinese place for slightly less ££!
My sister is from Wrexham and always raved about this place, so it's always her chosen place - but gotta say, last couple of times... just so/so.
We bought a take away (2 people) and had appetizer platter for 2, duck pancakes for 2 and a chinese between us ... cost us around £50 ! which is just ridiculous, I know many more places where I can spend that and get amazing food.
Also, previously, there are several instances where we have found hair in our food - this is just a biggie for me as it really makes me feel sick - so never been since then !

• Visited October 2011
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Wrexham, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Average food teamed with rude staff”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

Went with my boyfriend, found that staff who led you to the table were very dismissive and unwelcoming, table staff (bar one helpful young man) were equally rude. The food we ordered was essentially slapped before us without a word. The food itself was of low to average quality, and was not entirely as described; for instance I ordered the pineapple rice (it was stated on the menu that it contained meat, but did not specify which, and I was surprised to find an array of seafood contained within it also.) Unpleasantly loud atmosphere. When our drinks ran out, the staff did not come to us, so we had to stop a passing member, placed our order for drinks, which never turned up--until another member of staff asked us (after at least half an hour) if we wanted drinks. The staff CANNOT wait to get you out again, with staff hovering over tables, and taking plates the second you were done. Additionally, when we asked for soup, the staff tried to persuade us to have it to "takeaway," which was unpleasant. Payment was disappointing, with my boyfriend and I having to search for a staff member to pay by card (after specifically telling a staff member we were paying by visa, we were presented with a bowl to pay into only!!) Fairly overpriced.
Thoroughly disappointing. Get a takeaway instead! :)
P.S, you know you've outstayed your welcome when they turn on the air conditioning when it's already cold inside.

• Visited August 2012