“Amazing - what a place and superb service.!”

Pen-y-Ceunant Isaf Tea House
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Llanberis
Cuisines: Bar, Cafe, Welsh
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: We serve Hot chocolate, Tea, Coffee, beer wine, and a small selection of light snacks. Open all the year round we are dog friendly and walkers can eat their own food on the premises. Taxis are arranged by request. Please note that we do not serve meals.
Reviewed May 29, 2013

this is the perfect place to be after a 6 hour trek to Mount Snowdon. Extremely friendly host and the tea and scones are simply sublime.
the cafe itself is unique with antique furniture and the back part of the cafe forming part of the mountain itself. must visit.

penceunant, Owner at Pen-y-Ceunant Isaf Tea House, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Thank you very much for your positive review and we hope to see you back at the cafe soon

Write a ReviewReviews (1,017)

Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

Myself, hubby and friends all walked up and down Snowden at May bank holiday. The mist came down and it was a dreadful walk at the top. We started so we wanted to finish, we could hardly see in front of us as the weather was so bad. We persevered and came back down and stopped off for a couple of beers. Steffan was very friendly and made us all feel at home. The beers were a perfect end to the day! Sue and I are going again on Sunday to walk in aid of breast cancer and hopefully we'll be popping back in for a couple of beers at the end ad to say hello to Steffan!

penceunant, Owner at Pen-y-Ceunant Isaf Tea House, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Many thanks for the review (Hope that the bad weather didnt put you off snowdon) Look forward to seeing you again

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I've never found the door of the tea rooms to be closed, or the welcome short of touching - I simply don't come to this part of the world without visiting Pen Y Ceunant, which is several times a year.

It's not just me. My four legged companion is also welcome (bizarrely you'll struggle to find anywhere else in the village where dogs are welcome which is supposed to be a basecamp for walking, go figure?!!) and so are my muddy boots.

There's always a roaring log fire, plates of barabrith (Welsh fruit cake) the finest hot chocolate in known to man, a tankard of proper ale or a reviving cup of tea.

I originally found the tea rooms on the way off Snowdon. It had been a long hard day and I was ready to sit and gasping for a drink. The view over Llanberis and Llyn Padarn is perfect for watching the sun go down.

It's not just for climbers though.. a right turn at Capel Curig on the A5, then a left will take you over the stunning Llanberis Pass, and down into the village. Turn left before the village and the mountain railway, opposite the Victoria Hotel, and then start to climb the lane that leads up the mountain, parallel to the railway. There is some parking at the front of the cafe.

Steffan (the owner) seems to remember everyone who has ever been through the door. Hence the big welcome on your return. Enjoy. Tell him I sent you :0)

Many thanks for the review - I hope that you had a good night's sleep in the landrover

Reviewed May 17, 2013

My wife and myself had climbed Snowdon from the Pyg track and were on our way down via the Llanberis path. My wife's knees were giving me cause for concern as she was in considerable pain. I told her to wait by the road and I would rush and fetch the car from the Royal Victoria Hotel.
On my way down I passed the Pen y Ceunant tea rooms and stopped to ask if it was possible to phone for a taxi. One of the lovely people working there, did no more, but got her car out and went and collected my wife. We then stayed for a delicious cup of tea with some equally delicious welsh cake. There was a super coal fire going and we could have stayed there for hours talking to steffan. To finish off our day the same lady working in the tea room then delivered us back to our Hotel at the bottom of the hill and wouldn't take any reward. A haven on a cold day that serves the most delicious tea and very tasty welsh cake, give it a try.

1  Thank wagmanWorcestershire

Thank you for the review, we are always happy to help walkers in difficulty. I think it was Enfys who gave you a lift and I will pass on your thanks. Hope to see you again soon

Reviewed May 17, 2013

Me and a friend decided to go up snowdon on the train and to walk down from the summit, near the bottom tired and cold we decided to pop in the Pen y Ceunant Tea Rooms we could not of been made more welcome ,a beautiful log fire was roaring on entry and we were greeted by the owner who made us feel very welcome, We soon had a nice cup of hot chocolate and a seat next to the fire, i cant recommend calling in enough.

Many thanks for the feedback, and we look forward to welcoming you again with a log fire soon