“Friendly people”

Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Llanberis
Cuisines: Bar, Cafe, Welsh
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: We serve Hot chocolate, Tea, Coffee, beer wine, and a small selection of light snacks. Open all the year round we are dog friendly and walkers can eat their own food on the premises. Taxis are arranged by request. Please note that we do not serve meals.
Reviewed May 17, 2013

My wife and myself had climbed Snowdon from the Pyg track and were on our way down via the Llanberis path. My wife's knees were giving me cause for concern as she was in considerable pain. I told her to wait by the road and I would rush and fetch the car from the Royal Victoria Hotel.
On my way down I passed the Pen y Ceunant tea rooms and stopped to ask if it was possible to phone for a taxi. One of the lovely people working there, did no more, but got her car out and went and collected my wife. We then stayed for a delicious cup of tea with some equally delicious welsh cake. There was a super coal fire going and we could have stayed there for hours talking to steffan. To finish off our day the same lady working in the tea room then delivered us back to our Hotel at the bottom of the hill and wouldn't take any reward. A haven on a cold day that serves the most delicious tea and very tasty welsh cake, give it a try.

1  Thank wagmanWorcestershire
penceunant, Owner at Pen-y-Ceunant Isaf Tea House, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Thank you for the review, we are always happy to help walkers in difficulty. I think it was Enfys who gave you a lift and I will pass on your thanks. Hope to see you again soon

Write a ReviewReviews (1,015)

Reviewed May 17, 2013

Me and a friend decided to go up snowdon on the train and to walk down from the summit, near the bottom tired and cold we decided to pop in the Pen y Ceunant Tea Rooms we could not of been made more welcome ,a beautiful log fire was roaring on entry and we were greeted by the owner who made us feel very welcome, We soon had a nice cup of hot chocolate and a seat next to the fire, i cant recommend calling in enough.

Many thanks for the feedback, and we look forward to welcoming you again with a log fire soon

Reviewed May 16, 2013

I completed my climb of Snowdon on Thursday 2nd May 2013, being a novice i had no idea what i was letting myself in for. After several hours in the heat the site of Penceunant Lsaf was a wecolme sight. I received a warm welcome from the owner and the food was also lovely, no soggy sandwiches in sight. The view from the cafe was also fanastic and it was lovely to spend some time before the long drive home in relaxing surroundings. Spending time in this lovely little gem was well worth the hard work of that day.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Steffan turned my frown in to a big smile ,best hot chocolate ive ever tasted, warm log fire lovely friendly girl working here ,i walked Snowdon two days running on the second day weather was awful i arived soaking wet and very miserable,Steffan sat me down got me a hot foot spa ,and made me laugh so much i love this man .i will most defantly go back to Snowdon ,but mainly for the welcome off the mountain by Steffan & staff at PEN Y TEA ROOMS . ..x jackie from stratford upon avon

Reviewed May 12, 2013

We stopped here on our way back down the Llanberis path today. Steffan was the perfect host, letting us sort out our two very wet six year olds as well as three wet adults!! He was a joy to chat to and the refreshments were most welcome. An amazing place with great character as well as the great man himself!! We highly recommend this place on the way up or down. A real walkers' paradise where you can get your own picnic out and even use the cafe plates!! We will be back!!