All reviews coach house bar meals coach party all inclusive deal third floor main building large hotel hotel is situated evening meal llanberis path mountain railway cooked breakfast short break both nights night break electric mountain fantastic location
Reviewed October 19, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I have just returned from a lovely couple of days stay at the royal Victoria hotel. The staff were very welcoming, our room was comfortable and tidy. The food was absolutely fabulous, Our first evening we had burger and chips in the bar and the second evening we sat in the restaurant and enjoyed a fillet steak with a bottle of Shiraz. The views from the hotel were amazing. A short walk away you will find a beautiful waterfall but the most amazing part about our stay was the walk to the top of Snowdon, the views were absolutely breathtaking! Would highly recommend this hotel and location!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
RVHSnowdonia, Manager at The Royal Victoria Hotel Snowdonia, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2018

Thank you for the great review of our hotel! We are glad that you and your husband enjoyed your stay and were able to enjoy this beautiful area. We hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed October 19, 2018 via mobile

I'm generously giving this place 2 stars as the location is outstanding.. However it really feels like it has missed a trick. Stunning location. Check. Access to mountain. Check. Car park. Check.

Then you actually go in. We ordered 2 pizzas, but were undercooked, not quite enough to be worth complaining about but frankly not very good - perhaps more importantly sold as stone baked and cooked in a tray (flip it over, it's not difficult to check)

We had a couple of drinks here, beer was nice lady behind the bar was friendly and chatty.. Later in the evening I ordered a gin for my wife.. I saw (despite the bar man turning his back to me) that it has barely a half measure, he still preceded to serve it until I questioned that it was clearly short... He then went out the back, found a fresh bottle and topped up my drink, all without a word of apology. In fact not a single word.

I get it, you're Welsh, well done. I'm not Welsh - sorry about that. That chip on your shoulder will not help anyone.

If you work in a service industry, where tourists essentially pay your wages, learn to be polite. Even if you hate it, smile, & apologise when you get it wrong.

Don't turn to your mate and chat away in Welsh, clearly disgruntled you got caught out. It doesn't do you any favours at all.

Shoddy service and average food. I would not recommend at all...

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
4  Thank Lukeysarbear
RVHSnowdonia, Manager at The Royal Victoria Hotel Snowdonia, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. While I wish you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve. We work hard to deliver an exceptional guest experience, and it's apparent in this case that we fell short.

Reviewed October 18, 2018 via mobile

This hotel was in a great location at the foot of Snowdon almost opposite the Snowdon train station. A great looking hotel whuch was very clean. I had a single room which was very compact indeed, a single bed that was a bit creeky, but as I said nice and clean. The food was tasty however the server got our order wrong but was soon rectified.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
4  Thank Bluebirds115

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We hope to welcome you back to our hotel very soon.

Reviewed October 15, 2018

The hotel is well located close to two heritage railway stations and has its own castle in the grounds which give superb views over the lakes. Our dual aspect room was large and well equipped (apart from the lack of a ‘fridge); the WiFi was good.

One drawback of the hotel is that it caters for coach parties. However, it does its best to minimise the effect on “normal” guests by having tables for them away from the main dining room. The food is excellent, good value and was very professionally served for our first two nights. On our third night, Saturday, however, the service was very bad indeed – despite the tour groups having left during the day.

The bar was rather "downmarket" for the class of hotel.

Room tip: Front in the new wing
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
RVHSnowdonia, Manager at The Royal Victoria Hotel Snowdonia, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are pleased you were able to enjoy this wonderful area and had time to go to the castle during your stay. We hope to welcome you back to our hotel very soon.

Reviewed October 15, 2018

I took a group of almost forty friends to the Royal Victoria Hotel for a walking weekend. The hotel was excellent in so many respects. Very easy to deal with during the booking process. Clean, comfortable and well equipped bedrooms. Comfortable lounges and dining rooms. Comprehensive breakfasts, good quality ingredients, nicely cooked and flavoursome. Good evening meals. Excellent service from the waiting and serving teams.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends

Thank you for the great review of our hotel! We are glad that you and your party enjoyed your stay and were well catered for throughout. We hope to see you again very soon.