we stayed here for 1 night and we did only pay £50 for the room so wasnt sure what we would get
first impression whe you arrive is that someone has been playing with photoshop etc on the photo on their website , as the building is clearly not white, but a dull tired looking off cream colour and is in desperate need of some paint and work.
walking into the building is abit like stepping back in time and you wonder if you arrived at a hotel or a museum
reception staff were ok and fairly pleasant if a little pre occupied with finishing their conversation they were having
our room was on the 2nd floor (number 210) and after walking up 2 flights of very creeky stairs and corridors we found it and were very pleastly surprised as the room was a large one that was obviusly one of the ones that has been modernised.
it was clean and tidy with a large flatscreen tv and modern trendy fittings, then we looked in the bathroom and this to was very well finished and had very modern fancy fitttings and sink etc
the dining room on the other hand is another thing although we had a window table with very nice views the actual room is very old and tired looking as is the bar.
the food is very good with a decent menu well cooked.
the problems lie with the staff who all appeared to by applying for roles in a remake of fawlty towers , dont get me wrong they were all plesant enough and try and mean well , but the all seem in experienced and out of their depth and panic when they have larger numbers of people to deal with. I blame alot of this on poor management.
ths hotel could be a stuuning and special place with in fantastic setting and location, but whilst it does the job , it needs time money and someone to take proper control of the staff
havng said that we would possibly use it again, mainly due to its prime location to snowdon
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Victoria Hotel Snowdonia is nestled at the foot of the spectacular Llanberis Pass under the shadow of Snowdon itself on the edge of the Snowdonia National Park. It is set within 30 acres of gardens and woodland, cradled between Llyn Padarn and Llyn Peris. This is an ideal location in the heartland of North Wales for a breathtaking and memorable stay. Rooms are spacious with all modern amenities. The Hotel offers three restaurants, bar, residents lounge, five meeting/conference rooms and ample car parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your The Royal Victoria Hotel Snowdonia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Legacy Royal Victoria Hotel
- Legacy Royal Victoria Llanberis
- The Royal Victoria Hotel Snowdonia Llanberis, Wales