Check-in was chaotic which was not a good start to our 3 night stay. Being directed to the 'reserve' car-park as this was closer to the annex room we were allocated. We were not given a key to access the room from the car park and then could not find our way to the room through the dilapidated labyrinth of a walk-way from the main hotel to the annex.
The room was an economy room but well appointed and decorated and with an excellent view of the dustbins and parked coaches.
The staff are very friendly and helpful and service at breakfast time is very good. Bar meals were not particularly special in any sense but an evening meal in the restaurant was excellent.
The hotel is well located for walking up Snowdon along the Llanberis path or for taking the mountain train.
Despite its minor faults I would stay again as it represents excellent value and convenience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Victoria Hotel Snowdonia is nestled at the foot of the spectacular Llanberis Pass under the shadow of Snowdon itself on the edge of the Snowdonia National Park. It is set within 30 acres of gardens and woodland, cradled between Llyn Padarn and Llyn Peris. This is an ideal location in the heartland of North Wales for a breathtaking and memorable stay. Rooms are spacious with all modern amenities. The Hotel offers three restaurants, bar, residents lounge, five meeting/conference rooms and ample car parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Royal Victoria Hotel Snowdonia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Legacy Royal Victoria Hotel
- Legacy Royal Victoria Llanberis
- The Royal Victoria Hotel Snowdonia Llanberis, Wales