Paid £52 a night B&B for a double room on a recent trip and this is about the right with price.
It's an older hotel which has had an annex added so there are plenty of rooms and when we stayed, lots of guests. The hotel is a hive of activity with lots of walkers, cyclists etc. and is a very good base for covering some of the Snowdonia National Park. It is located across the road from the railway which goes up Mt Snowdon and is an excellent location for wandering around the town or for starting a day's outing. A definite bonus is the hotel's large car park.
It is an older hotel and is a little rough around the edges, but nothing a lick of paint couldn't sort out and it is my understanding that it has recently undergone a change of management. Since they were working on some parts of the hotel during our visit, I am assuming that they are getting to grips with some of these problems, which is good news.
We had a great room - good size with a large en suite which was spotlessly clean, so no problems there.
Food was good, but better value for money with the bar meals (a selection of two meals for £12) than in the main restaurant. There was lots of choice at the continental breakfast (cooked breakfasts are available, but would have been extra on our deal).
All in all a very good visit and somewhere I would stay again and be more than happy to recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Victoria Hotel Snowdonia is nestled at the foot of the spectacular Llanberis Pass under the shadow of Snowdon itself on the edge of the Snowdonia National Park. It is set within 30 acres of gardens and woodland, cradled between Llyn Padarn and Llyn Peris. This is an ideal location in the heartland of North Wales for a breathtaking and memorable stay. Rooms are spacious with all modern amenities. The Hotel offers three restaurants, bar, residents lounge, five meeting/conference rooms and ample car parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Royal Victoria Hotel Snowdonia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Legacy Royal Victoria Hotel
- Legacy Royal Victoria Llanberis
- The Royal Victoria Hotel Snowdonia Llanberis, Wales