My wife and I stayed here for three nights in January to spend some time walking and seeing North Wales and Snowden as the location of the hotel is excellent.
We stayed on the "Wine & Dine" offer and thought that it was good value for money. It even included a bottle of house wine on the first evening! We dined each evening in the hotel and have to admit that the food was excellent. There is a "set" menu within this package deal but with an excellent choice of at least four options in each starter, main and desert. You can pay extra for "a la carte" although we didn't feel that this upgrade was necessary. We had the continental breakfast but you could pay a little bit extra for "full" breakfast.
You can buy "bar meals" in the two main bars at lunchtime and evening if you wish. We didn't try this so cannot comment on the quality. However, we did have a couple of drinks in the bar and may well have stayed longer had they been more welcoming and warmer. We found a couple of good bars and restaurants within 10 minutes walking distance in Llanberis.
The hotel itself is perhaps a little dated but it is certainly clean and we had no complaints at all. The carpets are a little threadbare and the decor could do with modernising, but we didn't spend too much time in the hotel as we had gone to see the spectacular scenery outside on the door step!!!
The room itself was a decent size and had the usual facilities of hair drier, tea/coffee making facilities and a decent tv.
The bathroom was a little on the small side but was adequate and had all you needed including complimentary packet soap and shampoo.
We found the staff to be polite and helpful.
The hotel also has a "drying room" to enable you to leave your wet clothes and boots and so as to not clutter your room.
I would certainly use the hotel again if I was going back to the area providing I could get the same deal. Overall good value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Victoria Hotel Snowdonia is nestled at the foot of the spectacular Llanberis Pass under the shadow of Snowdon itself on the edge of the Snowdonia National Park. It is set within 30 acres of gardens and woodland, cradled between Llyn Padarn and Llyn Peris. This is an ideal location in the heartland of North Wales for a breathtaking and memorable stay. Rooms are spacious with all modern amenities. The Hotel offers three restaurants, bar, residents lounge, five meeting/conference rooms and ample car parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Cancelon, Booking.com, HotelTravel.com and Priceline so you can book your The Royal Victoria Hotel Snowdonia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Legacy Royal Victoria Hotel
- Legacy Royal Victoria Llanberis
- The Royal Victoria Hotel Snowdonia Llanberis, Wales