We've just stayed at The Royal Victoria and have probably had one of the best value deals we've ever found - £27.50 per head for a three course dinner, bed and full cooked breakfast.
The service was exemplary from everybody - the receptionist, although busy, acknowledged us while we were waiting (such a small thing but what a difference it makes) and greeted us with a smile, the waiting staff in the restaurant were welcoming, helpful and attentive, the housekeeper smiled and greeted us.
The room was spotless, the bed comfortable (extremely so according to my wife), the bath big and the towels fluffy (brilliant after a hard day in the hills). It was also very quiet which added to our good night's sleep. (When we returned to the room after supper it was very hot - my wife had turned the radiators on full to help dry out our wet outdoor gear. The temperature however, unlike many hotels, was easily controllable and we soon had it back to a comfortable level.)
The menu choice was good, servings at dinner were plentiful to say the least and everything appeared very quickly. We both had the same starters and main and my wife enjoyed her salmon with tarragon more than I did - it was a bit over-complicated for my taste. The base of my cheesecake dessert was a bit soggy but I've had a lot worse and these comments are about my taste rather than the quality of the product. Our wine (a very passable Chablis) and coffee added another £16 to our bill - still really good value.
Breakfast was good and served quickly and checking out was quick and uncomplicated.
Goodness knows how this hotel manages to provide the standard of service, let alone the food, for the money they charge. Sure, some of the paint is flaking off a bit, and maybe some of the corners are a bit dusty (probably more to do with needing more staff rather than the competence of the people they do have). Having said that, congratulations to all concerned - we remain very, very impressed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Victoria Hotel Snowdonia is nestled at the foot of the spectacular Llanberis Pass under the shadow of Snowdon itself on the edge of the Snowdonia National Park. It is set within 30 acres of gardens and woodland, cradled between Llyn Padarn and Llyn Peris. This is an ideal location in the heartland of North Wales for a breathtaking and memorable stay. Rooms are spacious with all modern amenities. The Hotel offers three restaurants, bar, residents lounge, five meeting/conference rooms and ample car parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your The Royal Victoria Hotel Snowdonia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Legacy Royal Victoria Hotel
- Legacy Royal Victoria Llanberis
- The Royal Victoria Hotel Snowdonia Llanberis, Wales