“Nice weekend. Ideal situation for exploring. ”
Review of Lake View

Lake View
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Llanberis
Reviewed August 25, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights over BH August weekend. Shared a room with daughter.
Room situated at front of hotel. Some noise from road outside but views beautiful over lake.
Room clean and basic. Our bathroom down corridor which was for our sole use and we had key.
Food good esp evening meal.
1st brekkie v good. My 2nd I chose crossiant which had obviously been heated up in microwave which was disappointing.
Hotel less than 5 min into Llanberis by car but could walk if desired.
Ideal for exploring Snowdonia.
Good value and staff v friendly esp Molly the dog.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Maggie P

Reviewed August 25, 2014

We never stayed at the hotel itself but came here each night during our stay for the food. After a day of climbing and trekking there is nothing better than home made comfort food and this place does it great. On one evening I eat two main courses!
The owner is a charming and a great entertainer.
It's hearty British food and it's delicious.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nerdnihat
Reviewed August 24, 2014

Arrived on Friday as we were climbing Snowdon, a great place to stay with a relaxed, warm, and friendly atmosphere. Wonderful scenic location where Mike and Molly will welcome you to a great stay. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed August 22, 2014

We arrived evening on Monday 18th August to a lovely warm welcome, nothing was too much trouble, lovely cosy friendly atmosphere and very polite friendly staff. Our room boasted a four poster bed and a lake view and we wearnt disappointed at all. We chose this location as a central point to explore snowdonia and the west coat of wales. The full welsh breakfast was excellent and the evening meal we had on the last day was superb too. The bar is fully stocked with a selection of bears, larger and wine too. I would thoroughly recommend this venue, but book early and the hotel books up fast!

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank shaun r
Reviewed July 25, 2014

I stayed for 3 nights while touring North Wales by bike.The hotel is located about 15-20 walk from the village. I arrived mid afternoon and was surprised to find there was nobody around. The reception and bar were unmanned, and nobody responded to the doorbell or the phone-Not a promising start I thought. However, after 10 minutes Mike, the owner, came to the bar and after a warm welcome, checked me into a single room that overlooked the front car park and road, with a limited view of the the lake beyond.The trees between the hotel and the lake were in full leaf when I stayed, so the view was restricted. The view is lovely nonetheless.
Mike took care of my bicycle for me throughout my stay, locking it away each night in the cellar.
My single room was clean and comfortable, but like some other areas of the hotel, was a little dated. The room provided everything I needed. The small en-suite was again in need of some updating, if that kind of thing matters to you. It did what it needed to do for me. The shower was fine, and there was plenty of hot water and clean towels.
The road at the front of the hotel is quite busy, so expect some traffic noise. I slept with the window closed, and as always when travelling, and used earplugs at night. (Be realistic, you're likely to get something when travelling: Seagulls, church bells, banging doors, traffic, snoring guests, amorous guests, drunken guests, aeroplanes, etc etc...I've had them all.) I slept really well on all 3 nights of my stay.
Breakfast was excellent. I sat in the sunny dining area overlooking the front, with good open views. There was a selection of cereals, yogurts and fruit juices. The cooked breakfast was to die for. Mike's wife, Carrie does an excellent job cooking a delicious breakfast that consist of quality ingredients. The service was friendly and relaxed.
If I'm honest, I had expected a hotel which was on a bigger scale, more formal. I'm glad now that is wasn't that kind of hotel. I wouldn't have swapped the friendliness of Mike, Carrie and the lady who served at breakfast (Mary?) for a receptionist, a bar person and an army of staff. Mike and Carrie are genuinely friendly, helpful hosts. They work hard together in running what is, a relaxed hotel. I'm glad to have had the pleasure of meeting them, and staying at their hotel. I would definitely stay again,

Room Tip: Front rooms have views, and some traffic noise.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank graymole
Reviewed July 17, 2014

I stayed in this hiotel on Wed 16 July. I didnt arruive till very late but this was not a problem for the hotel. I found it to be a very nice hotel with very friendly staff. I would stay in this hotel again and would reccomend it!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed June 26, 2014

Good service from Mike and staff....wish I could say that about the bed and the noise......could have been cleaner.....I know it's an old hotel but some new carpet, bedding and a lick of paint would certainly go along way. Stay away if you would like a good nights sleep.....the noise isn't just outside noise but the noise from others can be heard above the average volume of the TV.

Room Tip: Very noisy hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Beemall
Also consider these accommodations in or near Llanberis
The Royal Victoria Hotel Snowdonia
#1 of 7 in Betws-y-Coed
Seiont Manor Hotel
Seiont Manor Hotel
#1 of 1 in Llanrug

Been to Lake View? Share your experiences!