“Last minute booking”

Lake View
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Llanberis
“Last minute booking”
Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

We booked last minute in march for a two night stay. We arrived late on a Thursday evening and the owner mike couldn't of been anymore helpful, even offered to open the kitchen for us.
The room was small but perfect with a lake view. We both had the full welsh breakfast both mornings which was hot, tasty and very filling.
Would definitely return again!

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Marlows22

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Just got home from The Lake view Hotel. We had a brilliant stay having arrived on Friday evening to a very warm welcome from the owner. He showed us to our room offering to carry our luggage was a nice touch. The room was cosy with everything we needed for a comfortable stay. The room was bright, airy and very clean. We were doing the Snowdonia challenge and had an expensive bike in the car which the owner stored for us inside all safe which was fantastic. We had breakfast for the two mornings that we stayed and both days were brilliant. Also had evening meal on Saturday, The Welsh Ribeye steak was fantastic and great service. The owner did everything he could to help all guests and we would highly recommend this hotel and will stay again if we return.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank ChefPaul1975
Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

Been planning on climbing Snowdon all year so I finally went and did it. I got a room for 2 nights for a very reasonable price at short notice. Upon arrival I was greeted by a friend of the owners as they had popped out for a short while. The gentleman was very helpful and showed me around the hotel and my room. The room was very clean and had everything I needed for the two nights. The owners are very helpful and lovely to talk to and the food was very nice, especially after a long journey. It was unfortunate there was ongoing roadworks right outside could get a little noisy with the traffic at night but after a long day up Snowdon I had no difficulty sleeping. Would recommend this to anybody looking for great value and a place to stay a short distance from Snowdon.

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Lewis F
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 4, 2014

We stayed here for the night after climbing Snowdon and was very impressed. Lovely little hotel, great traditional bar and the food is amazing. Rooms are small but really nice and has everything you need. Staff are really friendly ad there pet dog is gorgeous :)

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank alantb
Didcot, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

We called in on the of chance that they would have a table free for dinner .What a good call, it was brilliant. Service was quite and they were very friendly . Food tasty . Thanks for fitting us in at short notice

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank nccmjohnson
Superior, Colorado
Reviewed May 25, 2014

Owner/Manager Mike was very friendly, and helpful and I really enjoyed the intimacy of the two lounge rooms which made for great chats with other guests. Dinners were also teriffic with lots of international variety. Its true that some rooms are small and dated but this was not important to me. The only trouble I had was the place is 1-1.5miles North of Llanberis town center which was just a bit inconvenient since I was without a car. However this wasn't a major issue since I'm quite mobile. I would gladly stay here again. Price was also very reasonable. Thanks for everything, Mike!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Michael P
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Good little hotel we used it as a base to go climbing. the room was clean if a little bit dated and the bathroom was very compact. we had a garden room with a limited view, I would try to get a lake view room if I was to go back.
we ate in the hotel both nights the food was fantastic and they even made us a packed lunch on the second day as we were missing breakfast due to a early start. the owner was very welcoming and helpful and there was a nice relaxed atmosphere.
For us on a 3 day break with no real set itinerary it was perfect. in the same situation I would go there again but if I had to book a break for me and my family I would have a look around for a bit more space. overall a nice experience

Room Tip: go for a lake view room