“Adequate but basic”

Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Llanberis
Buckingham, United Kingdom
“Adequate but basic”
Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is ideally located for Snowdon and surrounding walks, 10 minute walk into Llanberis. Several pubs, restaurants and tea rooms in town to suit all tastes. We ate at the hotel on the first night as we had endured a 6 hour drive, a varied menu served well and tasted good, so as we were exhausted after our Snowdon adventure we ate at the hotel a seond night. Also served well and of good quality and reasonably priced. Breakfast also good and served by a cheery pleasant lady. I could list the endless problems withe the decor, carpets, wall paper, dodgy electrics, loose sink in shower room, tiny plastic shower cubicle, not so private shower/ toilet room door BUT..... It is clean comfortable and served the purpose for our party this time, but I'm sorry I would not return

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Polish first
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Great Hosts who were really friendly and very helpful. Ate dinner in the hotel once and it was great, really nice breakfasts too. Rooms are small, clean and comfortable but do need updating. Free wifi in the bar area. Hotel is in a perfect location just opposite the lake with easy access for running/walking or swimming! It takes 10mins to walk into Llanberis and its all along a pavement or you can drop down to the lakeside and walk along a path. Good value for money.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Brighton
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I recently spent a couple of nights at this hotel while on a short walking holiday. The hotel was very quiet, as the holiday season had not begun. Although I expect it would get busier at weekends and later in the year.

Mike and Carrie were very good hosts, my bedroom adequate, the food was well cooked, and varied. The overall experience was very pleasant, and good value.

While on the whole I enjoyed my stay very much, I was conscious that some refurbishment was due soon, and like to think that the proprietors had such a scheme in hand.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the lake.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

This place is dated and tired the owner tried to accommodate our needs but failed. The room 5 had the smallest double bed I've seen. It's advertised as small but it was truly ridiculous. Nether of us slept.
Don't like leaving a bad report but don't want others to loose their hard earned money
I could not recommend here to a living soul.

• Stayed March 2013
4 Thank Rockyk9

Travelers are raving about these Llanberis hotels

Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed January 6, 2013

On checking in and going to my room I was a bit concerned about the age of the property, however the room was perfectly clean, was comfortable and had a great shower. The inhouse restaurant had a good variety of dishes and reasonable prices. The hosts were great and prepared me a fabulous packed lunch (at no extra cost) as I did not want breakfast. Only real negative was that there is no reception so it takes a while to raise someone to come and let you in when you don't have a key (i.e. on arrival). I also think the lake view was a bit of a stretch as there are too many trees on the other side of the Rd to see the lake.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank ShellzD
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 29, 2012

Warm welcome; good owner / mangers; pleasant staff; outstanding food at dinner and breakfast with lots of choice, well prepared and carefully presented; lots of hot water; OK bed; rooms a bit small and dated. This is not a 5* hotel but for the price it is outstanding value for money.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank gpl5t
welsh wales
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Where to start..
U want 4-5*.... Then book a 4-5*.
Want a hotel with character and great service. Book here.
We had the 4 poster bed room for 3 nights. Nope, not a huge room, but a comfy clean bed and plenty of draw and wardrobe space. The bathroom lacked the "bath bit" and the shower was short for my 6'2 husband, but again clean and useable.
The best bit for us was the management Mike and Carrie. In the evening Mike did the hosting and carrie was the chef. Food was 1st class. We ate here for the 3 nights.
Mike was and I do believed refered as by his staff as " Basil fawlty". He was funny and great host. Always a story to tell. Very helpful and knowledgable about the area and where to visit. He was extremely happy and helpful to dry out wet boots and clothing over night for us.
We are looking forward to taking our family back to climb snowdon next yr.

Room Tip: Four poster over looked the lake.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Llanberis
The Royal Victoria Hotel Snowdonia
#8 of 8 in Llanberis
Seiont Manor Hotel
Seiont Manor Hotel
#1 of 1 in Llanrug

Been to Lake View? Share your experiences!