“Decent place to eat”

Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Booked a meal at the Heights, Venue is very chilled and was busy, Could have done with more staff on the bar as it took a long to get served and again later to pay the bill. Menu was simple but the food was great, prices are average for "pub food" in Wales.

Staff were fine but obviously very busy, nice seating area outside which we enjoyed after our meal. Would be happy to return

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Good beer and burger; try the Brooklyn Lager!
Live music, lively atmosphere and friendly service
Will return

Reviewed August 26, 2013

What a terrible end to a lovely day at Snowdonia Park.
There's not much choice here so we chose The Heights Pub Restaurant as the atmosphere was relaxed.
I know it's a bank holiday so they're bound to be busy so didn't complain when the food arrived 40 mins later.
However, when food arrived my Special of Wild Mushroom Pasta was a disgraced! It looked something that you would serve for a pig not human consumption.
The kids sausage & mash dish came without gravy. I asked for gravy and was told they didn't have any. I assumed that it was because they were busy.
When I complained about my pasta the first respond from the staff was:
"Chef says he's always cooked pasta like that and no one ever complained so we can't offer you replacement or refund. And chef also said that he never served gravy with the sausage & mash dish so can't understand why I'm asking for it"
I guess it's must be the "welsh" way.
My respond to them was.
"I'm disgusted at chef respond and would like to speak to the manager. Also by the way expect a raving review from me on trip advisor and I will be tweeting my experience".
5 mins later staff came back on put £10 note on the table and says its the refund for the pasta. When I asked to speak to the manager I was told she's pregnant and busy.
Not sure why I was informed that she was pregnant - almost as a plausible excuse for not speaking to me.
For those reviewers who rates this establishment as 3+. All I can say is you've been very lucky.
I hate writing bad reviews but feel the need that I must write of my experience.

1  Thank YvonneNG
Reviewed August 25, 2013

A thousand times better than it used to be (not difficult as last iteration was life-threatening). Prices do not reflect the poor quality food and shockingly bad service, untrained staff, no visible management. Run like a youth club for halfwits but with Tokyo prices. Functions wholly on the notion that there is nowhere else to drink in Llanberis (well, there is but don't go there). With the right management and trained staff (especially kitchen staff) the place could be a major draw, sadly it looks to be happy with it's current lot. As soon as someone sorts out one of the other disintegrating local pubs they'll clean up.

1  Thank GarethInRoom501
Reviewed August 24, 2013

There isn't a huge choice of eating establishments in Llanberis so we ended up here through lack of anywhere else really but we were so glad we did! We really weren't expecting it but we ended up having one of the best meals we have ever had! We had the nachos to start, yes a common starter but these were baked to perfection and was a very generous portion. Our main courses were both outstanding, I had the honey baked gammon, it was great quality meat, cooked to perfection and the chips!! Some of the best I have had ever! Husband had the Welsh Ploughmans and thoroughly enjoyed it. All the serving staff seemed to be just teenagers but we couldn't fault their service and our food was served very quickly. The Heights is also a hotel and seems to be very polular with young travellers, it's not the place you would go for a romantic meal for two but it has a very relaxed, informal atmosphere which serves brilliant food!