“Good value for money”

Ranked #7 of 28 Restaurants in Llanberis
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Nice clean cafe and well priced meals. Interesting artwork on the walls. Good food. Nice staff. No more to say.

1  Thank schooldinners
Write a ReviewReviews (1,023)

Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

Firstly a huge thank you to the staff of Pete's Eats! Unbelievable kindness. One of us lost our bag on the mountain (it blew of the top of crib goch!) it contained car keys and everything. We couldn't find it by nightfall. Penniless we hitch hiked into town. The staff as Pete's eats fed us, and let us sleep for the night, we promised to repay them. The following day we returned to the mountain and luckily found our bag. We returned to Pete's soaked to the bone. They dried our clothing and gave us a mug of tea (what a mug!!). We dutifully repaid them for their kindness and got on our way. Without them we would have been truly stranded. Top people, top scran, we will be back.

P.S we will try and have our wallets with us, promise...

Reviewed January 7, 2013

Dropped in here for brunch, tea was great, I was a little surprised our shared cheesy chip butty had grated plastic cheddar (exactly what I was expecting) but my ham and cheese toastie had a plastic cheese slice. Hmm, would have thought plastic grated cheddar would have been better in a toastie but then I don't work there. Husbands breakfast baguette was, and I quote '****ing wonderful'. Great caff ambience, loads of different types of people so plenty of people watching and lots of walky/climby stuff to look at. This is as cheap and cheerful and as inclusive as it gets - vegan, vegetarian and carnivores all catered for.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

After going to Petes eats many years ago and returning again, the place still remains the same, a welcoming hub for walkers climbers cyclists etc. who want large portions to fill up on - carbs etc. for the next days activity.
Although I have never stayed there overnight in the accomodation, I have always found the toilets and the cafe area clean and tidy, considering the amount of muddy boots and dripping wet bodies they get throughthe door - this being Wales !
Food choices are large, but the temperature and the taste leave somewhat to be desired and they are not as I remember it from last time .

Reviewed January 6, 2013

If you're doing a lot of walking & want to fill up with huge portions & big mugs of tea, as well as read the papers if it's raining & you want to linger then this place is ideal. We had 2 main courses & both were pretty bland but very filling. Real chips, all day breakfasts etc, but you don't come here for gourmet food. So the 3 rating is based on a 5 for portions & atmosphere & 2 for tasty food. I used to bring my kids here when they were little & it's still great for that. Just be prepared to add lots of mustard & pepper if you don't want bland food (& that includes to the curry).