Glyn Peris Guest House
Alpine Lodge(Llanberis)
Lake View(Llanberis)
  • Restaurant
No availability for your dates from our partners
Hotel Port Dinorwic(Y Felinheli)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsb bwarm welcomemain towndrying roommin walklocal areatoastgreat hostsoff road parkingon arrivalvisiting the areahome from homebreakfast was deliciousnight's sleepcomfortable roomnorth walesclimb snowdon
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 28, 2012

I have stayed in many guest houses and I have to say this one tops them all. When you look on the web site you can tell quality counts and the attention to detail - sadly lacking in many places.
Upon arrival Ceris and Paul were charming and friendly and I knew the long journey was well worth it. I was shown into a sumptuous lounge where I filled in the breakfast card and was soon learning about the area and the various routes up Snowdon from Paul who was a fountain of knowledge [he takes guided walks up too]. They even filled my flask with tea for nothing.
The accomadation was very clean and comfortable with modern en-suite and all the extras that you look forward to after a long trek.The breakfast smell lured me down like the bisto kid and I had a lovely breakfast in a tasteful room with prompt service from friendly staff.
They take in wet clothing [you each have a separate box] and dry it for you! Great idea.
All in all I had a great stay here and I heartily recommend it to anyone be it walker or sightseer with so many things to do close by.

Room Tip: You can check the rooms on the website - I had room four looking out on a bird feeder station.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank surreyplanter_11
Reviewed September 24, 2012

In our travels we have favoured B&B's to big hotels as we enjoy being treated like people, not accounts. People have varying tastes, so perfection, like beauty is really in the eye of the beholder. However, as guests at Glyn Peris, it was apparent that the owners were striving for excellence. Looking back at our wonderful holiday in the UK, one of our more memorable stays was with Ceris & Paul because they went out of their way to ensure we enjoyed our stay - each guest was important. Their kind assistance suggesting points of interest and helping us with our travel plans has been a personal part of our travel stories back home. The people of Wales made us feel welcome and our stay at Glyn Peris made us feel special. For us, it was excellent.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 21, 2012

I and my wife recently visited Llanberis and stayed at Glyn Peris. We were travelling with parents and given a warm welcome at arrival and were asked to fill out forms before we can check into our rooms and this felt a bit odd. The room we were staying was spacious and mostly clean though i spotted couple of spiders there. Shower cabin was a bit congested and i could barely fit in though it was quite spacious in the other room allotted to us so your experience would depend on which room you get. Breakfasts were quite average with limited options esp. for vegetarians. Overall a decent place but needs to improve to justify its 5-star rating. I have been to much better b&bs and couldn't help notice the differences.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ripdreamer
Reviewed September 16, 2012

My wife and I had a very comfortable two night stay in this very attractive guest house. Beautifully decorated, it was spotless everywhere. Ceris and Paul provided an excellent friendly service - extremely helpful. Our en suite double room was very attractively furnished with a double bed and good storage facilities. Downstairs a very comfortably furnished large lounge to relax in.
If you are a walker, (which we are not), Ceris and Paul provide overnight drying facilities for wet clothes and boots etc without charge. Also a packed lunch if you want one. Parking was good and located on the main road just on the edge of Llanberis it was easy to find and very convenient to all Llanberis has to offer.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 13, 2012

My friend and I have just returned from a superb weekend at Glyn Peris,from the minute we booked we found Ceris very helpful,giving us info on guided walks etc.
We arrived late Friday afternoon(7th Sept) after climbing Snowdon so we were a little worse for wear!! First impressions were brill. We were greeted by a friendly Ceris who booked us in and gave us info about eating out etc in nearby Llanberis.
Our room was extremely spacious with a double/single bed and a sofa in the bay window. The decor was very tasteful with all the usual tea/coffee facilities,a nice addition was the fluffy white dressing gown:)
Our room wasn't ensuite which was a little disappointment at the time of booking but don't let this put you off as the shower room across the landing was immaculate and private,the towels were so white and fluffy:)))perfect!!
The breakfast was lovely with a choice of cereals,toast and a cooked breakfast which set us up for the day:))
I feel I must comment about the cleanliness of this guest house,as a self employed cleaner who is very particular, my friend and I both said that it was an absolute pleasure to stay here as the standards are set very high:)) well done to Ceris,Paul and staff in maintaining this delightful B&B,hope to see you soon

Room Tip: Room 6 has a sofa and is perfect for relaxing after a long day walking:))
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends