“Top marks for the Ferns!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Betws-y-Coed
The Ferns Guest House
Ranked #8 of 47 Betws-y-Coed B&B and Inns
Warrington, United Kingdom
“Top marks for the Ferns!!”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We spent last weekend at The Ferns and it certainly lives up to all of the great reviews. It is situated in a great location being on the main street of Betws-y-Coed and the accommodation itself is of a high standard in terms of cleanliness and decor.
To top it all off, Mark and Sarah's warmth, friendliness and attention to detail will ensure you will have a fantastic and memorable stay at The Ferns. If they were featured on Channel 4s' Four in a bed program, they would win hands down!
Phil and Sue, Warrington.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
ferns-guesthouse, Owner at The Ferns Guest House, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Hello Phil & Sue. Thank you for taking time to write such a nice review. It was lovely to meet you both and we were pleased that you enjoyed your visit to Snowdonia and your stay with us. I'm not sure about the "4 in a bed" programme though.......we've no plans to be on telly just yet! :) Thanks again, Sarah & Mark

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 29, 2013

When visiting North Wales, this is the place to stay. Betws-y-Coed is a village near the foothills of Snowdownia National Park. Here you have access to the park and important sites such as the castles that are part of King Edward I's Ring of Iron.

My accommodations at The Ferns were wonderful: a bright room looking out over a garden and impeccably clean. Breakfast is cooked to order. Flowers grace the tables. While the accommodations are important, it is the owners who make the B and B and in this case, Sarah and Mark Jones helped make my trip to North Wales memorable.

It began the night I arrived--late and exhausted--after travel problems. Sarah, always positive and helpful, made me tea accompanied by fruit bread. This gave me time to settle which is important after a long trip. She seems to know what people need. I knew then that my visit would be a good one. It gets better.

Sarah and Mark treat you as as a person welcomed into their home and community,not just a visitor. As such, it matters to them that you enjoy your stay; that you experience their culture.Using public transit, I was unsure how to plan a visit to two of the castles. Sarah copied the bus schedule for me and Mark laid out the itinerary, printing me a map, marking the routes and explaining them to me. They provided brochures. They helped me plan another excursion this one to a castle and textile mill. And they are interested in your experiences in Betws-y-Coed asking questions about the visit and if the schedules helped. Of course they did.

While organizing my photos of North Wales I was thinking that if not for Sarah and Mark Jones, I might not have visited castles, the park, and the textile mill which inspired me take up knitting again.

In Betws-y-Coed you can hear the Men's Voice Choir every Sunday at St. Mary's Church down the street from The Ferns. Just before that you can grab the best Welsh Cakes in the country--warm--but as I said before, it is the people who make the B and B. My stay was wonderful; I loved my room, breakfast, and the flowers, but Sarah and Mark made my trip work for me.

Room Tip: My room facing the garden is bright and airy, and the flowers are nice to wake up to.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank crystaldragon64
Hello crystaldragon64.
Thank you so much for your wonderful review you gave us, it certainly was very generous of you. Mark and I are really pleased that you had a good time here in Snowdonia and got to travel around and see the things that you wanted to see. All the best Sarah
Derby
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Thank you to Mark & Sarah for making our short stay so good. The rooms we stayed in on the top floor were great. The extra details show how much you care about your business and making your guests stay here really comfortable and pleasant. The breakfast in the very smart dining room was delicious, thank you. We would highly recommend this lovely guest house to anyone staying in the area and although we did not have time for walking on our stay, the location makes this an excellent place for reaching Snowdon and yet having the luxury of saying somewhere where there is a good choice of pubs/restaurants to eat in the evening. Hopefully we will come back one day and have chance to get our walking boots on.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
ferns-guesthouse, Owner at The Ferns Guest House, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Thank you for your kind review of us. It was lovely having you all to stay with us and we're glad that you found your stay to be comfortable and pleasant as it certainly was a scorchingly hot weekend when you were here. We hope to see you again sometime if you're this away....with your walking boots next time. Kind regards Sarah & Mark.
Derby, UK
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We spent 3 nights at The Ferns, for a nearby family wedding and would agree with all the positive comments/reviews. It's all been said really but friendly and helpful hosts, smart, clean rooms, good breakfast and great location... what's not to like?

We had rooms 1 and 2 (I think) both comfortable, with quality furnishings and very true to the photos shown on the website. Shower rooms looked quite recently fitted and offered good quality toilertries and a decent, reliable shower. I would definintely describe this B&B as 'a cut above' as even the biscuits on the tea tray were better quality than you get in many hotels. In fact family members rooms at the nearby Best Western, weren't a patch on ours!

The Ferns is also in a great spot with plenty of restaurants, pubs, etc in easy walking distance. Good base for hikers too I imagine but due to other commitments we didn't have time to walk very far... maybe next time!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Wow! Thank you for your lovely review.....high praise indeed. It was great having you an your family stay with us for the wedding-weekend, it was certainly a classic summery weekend. Have a great summer and maybe we'll see you back here to do Snowdon? Sarah & Mark
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We stayed two nights over a very busy, beautiful weekend in North Wales and received excellent and very friendly service from Sarah and Mark. Their breakfasts set us up for two great days hillwalking in Snowdonia and their advice on how best to get into the mountains using the Sherpa bus was very useful, as was the advice on places for a good evening meal in the village. We'd definitely stay there again when we make the long trip over from Australia.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Many thanks for your kind review. We're glad our breakfasts fuelled your weekend's hill-walking - it certainly was a beautiful weekend. Thanks for choosing to stay with us........ and thanks for leaving us some of your lovely Australian weather. All the best, Sarah & Mark
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I stayed at the Ferns whilst taking a 3 day introduction to mountain walking course in the area, and I couldn't have asked for more from the service really. I especially appreciated the quality breakfasts (served with good taste in music I might add) and the supportive attitude to mountain walkers, giving the time to get my boots dry after I had been foolish enough to walk through a bog. I was in the single room on the top floor, and always found new tea bags and biscuits when I returned after a long day. The wi-fi connection was a bit inconsistent in that room and I sometimes found myself having to stand by the door to get a connection, but it wasn't a major problem.

Thanks for a great stay. I will happily return.

Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
ferns-guesthouse, Owner at The Ferns Guest House, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Thank you for your lovely review. We're glad that you felt we gave you some support for your mountain walking course and pleased that you had such a good time here in Snowdonia. Thank you also for your feedback with regards our Wi-Fi being a little patchy on the top floor. This is an area we will be looking to improve in the forthcoming months. Hope to see you this way again sometime. Happy navigating, Sarah & Mark.
Bexley, Australia
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our 2 day stay at 'The Ferns' and can highly recommend it. We had a beautiful room with a most attractive view, we enjoyed fabulous breakfasts and Sarah and Mark couldn't have been more friendly and helpful. Next time we'll stay for a week to really take advantage of the many delights of the Snowdonia National Park region.

• Stayed June 2013
Many thanks for your kind review. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to explore more of Snowdonia. Kind regards Sarah & Mark