“Cosy B&B”

Tyn-y-Fron B&B
Ranked #5 of 46 Betws-y-Coed B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at this lovely B&B. I stayed in bedroom 1 and found it extremely cosy, comfortable and clean with very tasteful decor. No traffic from the main road could be heard from inside the cottage. My only regret is that i didn't book a longer stay :) in a very beautiful part of wales.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank MBHolden
Write a ReviewReviews (1,057)

Reviewed November 1, 2012

My wife and I returned to this B & B on 25th October having spent a fantastic short break there last year. This time we paid extra for the Valley View Suite, which was worth it. The view was lovely and the bed was comfy. Last year we relly enjoyed our delicious breakfast in the breakfast room, so were a little apprehensive about having served in our own room, but need not have been. It was just as delicious and we enjoyed selecting from the menu selection. Once again we had a lovely short break and will certainly be returning again in the future.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 29, 2012

We had a two night stay on the 26th and 27th October 2012 as we were attending a wedding at a nearby Country House. The property was easy to find and in a beautiful elevated position with wonderful views. Luckily we had wonderful weather for our stay despite the time of year and the centre of Betws y Coed was a short 5 min walk over an interesting mini suspension bridge. The staff provided clear directions of the path as well as providing suggestions of where to eat and drink. We stayed in Room 1 which was very spacious and comfortable. The breakfast was wonderful and you provide your order the night before to ensure you don't have to wait too long for your food. Essential after over indulging at the Wedding the night before. Lesley and Mike were friendly hosts and should be proud of the care they take.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Tyn-y-Fron jubilee weekend in June, it was my husbands 30th and our mini moon. We had an unbelievable stay, accommodation is perfect, location is brilliant, we could not believe our luck! A lovely walk into the little village across the field, sunset in the evening is lovely. The breakfast was great. Lesley and Mike were so welcoming and friendly.
We would definitely go back. Mountain view suite was the perfect view to wake up to. 10 out of 10 for facilities, room, location and friendliness.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 19, 2012

my wife and I stayed here on the 12th-14th october. We chose the smaller cheaper room as we could not warrent paying the extra for the mountain view room , Mistake ! , even though our room was very nice I wish I had booked the mountain view room as it was availble when I booked. The views from this room where amazing and the room was outstanding ( Mike showed me the room just before we left ) . Great hosts, exellent breakfast

Reviewed October 14, 2012

This is indeed all that it is advertised to be - four/five star accommodations plus the finest care from Lesley and Mike, who treat you like royalty!! We stayed in their Mountain View suite, and were not disappointed. The bed is luxurious and spacious; ensuite bath and shower exceptional! Breakfasts are truly the finest English variety. Lesley takes extraordinary amount of time to explain places to visit and restaurants to whet the appetite. You will be happy to have stayed at this Bed and Breakfast.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Mountain View suite. NOTE: there is no swimming pool, but I couldn't reverse my...
Reviewed October 9, 2012

A friend and I stayed 3 nights at this excellent, comfortable B&B, which provided an ideal centre for exploring North Wales. We had a spacious, quiet, spotlessly clean twin ensuite room with all the extras one might need: dressing gown, hairdryer, tea/coffee facilities, bottled water, chocolates etc. Delicious, freshly cooked breakfasts provided a good start to the day or, for an early start to climb Snowdon, there was 'breakfast in a bag' with a thermos of coffee. Recommendations for supper were perfect and wind-up torches are thoughtfully provided to navigate the way in the dark. I can highly recommend this B&B where Martin and Lesley have thought of every detail.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends