“An absolute Gem!!!”

Ranked #5 of 47 Betws-y-Coed B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 26, 2009

Reason for trip - 33rd wedding anniversary celebration
Date 22nd - 25th January 2009

This is without a doubt one of the best B&Bs we have ever stayed in. The location is brilliant with the village of Betws-y-Coed within 10mins walking distance. (Torches and umbrellas are lent to you). The standard of cleanliness is high and all the rooms well appointed. Breakfast was amazing eg. fruit juice, fresh fruit, cereals, yoghurt , full cooked breakfast with not a hint of grease. You could sit and watch the most amazing array of birds visiting the bird feeder on the balcony.
Rose lent us champagne glasses and put our champagne in the fridge to cool (and even gave us an anniversay card)!
Rose and Steve are the best hosts and it was a privilege to stay there. I can't recommend it enough and will be doing so to all my friends. We definitely want to return!!

Tony & Margaret Barry.
Hertfordshire, England

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank magsHertfordshire

Reviewed January 24, 2009

We stayed here for three nights whilst attempting to climb Snowdon and could not have hoped for a warmer welcome. Everything was well kept and tidy, the location was very quiet and the breakfasts were of a standard I have not found anywhere before. To be served food of that quality in a restuarant you would be expected to pay a very high price. All round an excellent place to stay and should I be returning to that part of the world it will be the first place I check for availability.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank OutdoorAdventurer86
Reviewed November 9, 2008

We stayed at maes-y-Garth for 3 nights this November and I can honestly say the standard was fantastic. The rooms were of a very high standard, very clean and came with a large range of complimentary teas, coffees and hot chocolates and biscuits as well as complimentary toiletries. The location was ideal as it wasnt right on a main road but near enough for a five munite walk to the village. There was a good range of food for breakfast as well as a delicious cooked breakfast. The hosts were very friendly and were more than happy to answer any questions. I had never been to Wales before and found the scenery outstanding. The village was lovely and i would highly recommend the Bistro, the food and service was exceptional!
The trip will always have a special place for me as its where my boyfriend and I became engaged!

All in all the trip was wonderful and the B&B outstanding value for money!

Stayed: November 2008
Reviewed November 8, 2008

We stayed in June 2006 and was so impressed with the warmth and an overall welcome from Rose and Steve that we returned in June 2007. We told so many of our friends and they have also booked and re-booked. The rooms are very clean and comfortable and all completely refurbished. T he breakfast is so filling and a wide variety that you can skip lunch. We are returning yet again in 2009, as we wouldn't even think of going anywhere else in this area.
Elaine and Ken and friends fron South Wales

Stayed: June 2007
Reviewed October 26, 2008

We had never been to Wales before and just searched on Google for places to stay near Mount Snowdon. We weren't disappointed with Maes-Y-Garth as it was homely and the rooms were well appointed.
Rose and Steve were our hosts and they were extremely friendly and helpful. The breakfasts were top class and we'll definitely go back there again.
Prices are very reasonable and it's ideally located, too.
Highly recommended

Stayed: September 2008
Reviewed October 14, 2008

Rose & Steve Dolan were the perfect hosts. My welcome was genuinely warm and friendly with a pot of tea and a big chunk of cake on my arrival after a 6 hour drive. The room, toilet and shower were spotless with an abundance of clean towels that were changed regularly. Tea, coffee and milk etc were restocked every day along with a packet of biscuits. I was spoilt for choice of breakfast with the quality surpassing every other B&B and most hotels I have stayed at.
The lounge and dining room are tastefully decorated and comfortable with views across the valley to the mountains.
The village is 5/10min walk along a hard footpath with Rose and Steve having torches and large umbrellas for guests to borrow.
I was unfortunate enough when walking down a mountain to find a person totally disoriented and ill equipped for the conditions.
I lead the person down but they were so slow that we had not reached safety before dark. Rose realised I was late, checked my day's itinerary and called the Mountain Rescue team. When I made contact, unable to proceed further, the teams were already out and were with me in thirty minutes. I returned to the B&B about 11.0pm to be met at the door by Steve who immediately plied me with hot soup and fresh bread & a hot drink.
I can not praise Rose and Steve high enough.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed October 9, 2008

Couldn’t have asked for a better place to stay, if you’re looking for a place…. Simple... Book this place. You won’t be disappointed!
We stayed for 3 nights, Rose and Steve were SO friendly and welcoming, Room 3 was just beautiful, great view whilst having breakfast, private parking, very clean, it’s got it all.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)