“Relaxing, fantastic &friendly hosts”
Review of Maes-y-Garth

Maes-y-Garth
Ranked #5 of 47 Betws-y-Coed B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Stayed here a number of times and wudnt stay anywhere else as Tracey & stefan makes you feel so welcome I, ve stayed in just bout every room and they are lovely decorated & comfortable, its very central to go and visit the surrounding areas, the home cooked breakfast sets you up the day.

• Stayed: March 2013

Reviewed April 29, 2013

We were made to feel most welcome from the moment we arrived. Our room had everything we needed and more. Breakfast was delicious. Tracey and Steve were both very helpful in advising places to eat and even booking up for us. We left feeling as if we had made two very good friends and will not hesitate to return.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

We enjoyed our very pleasant stay at Maes -y - Garth, 5* exceeds itself, room lovely, bright, extremely clean, great en-suite. Breakfast was declicious, beautiful location, nothing was too much trouble for Tracy and Stefan, they made us so very welcome. Very helpful in advising the local best places to eat, and have no hesitatiion in recommending a relaxing stay here in Maes-Y-Garth. We will certainly return. Thank you Tracy and Stefan for arranging the beautiful bouquet waiting in the lovely room on our arrival. Take our word well worth going to Betws-y-Coed and staying here.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Can the best get better?
Well....er...YES it can.
Always admired Rose and Steve's attention to detail

But Tracey and Stefan have really grabbed hold of the baton and polished it into a beacon.

All rooms spotlessly clean. day after day.
Even when you have trudged through rock and ice.

Your waterproofs are wetted out, so are you and your other layers.
within minutes once the radiator in the shower room kicks in, everything is dry.
Boots/cagoules etc? - simples...just place them in the drying room.

There is nothing I can complain about.
20 years of staying in guesthouses, hotels, B&B's, Inns, Travel Lodges...etc etc

Breakfast?
I can state that there is no equal.
So now your're awarded a Meldrew star.
Your double Michellin?...I hear its not far off?

Amazing Maes Y? - 'O'MYG

Room Tip: All rooms spotlessly clean. day after day. Even when you have trudged through rock and ice. You...
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Yet again our stay at Maes-y-Garth has easily met our high expectations. I cannot find any faults with this B&B.

This year we stayed in Room 5, which is large, comfortable, warm and very clean. As I don`t eat a full English/Welsh breakfast it was good to be able to select the bits I like or just have fruit, cereals and toast etc.

Tracey and Stefan are wonderful hosts. They are friendly and their attention to detail shows such pride in their guest house and the service they provide.

We wouldn`t stay anywhere else.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Due tobusiness requirements I often have to work away from home and over the years I have encounterd many hotels and other places to stay, some good & some bad, but not many as good as Maes-y-Garth. Excelllent & Impeccably clean accomodation with a lovey cooked full English to start day. I've stayed at Maes-y-Garth on a number of occasions and I've had the plesure of trying out the majority of the rooms and all are great. Some small and cosy others large and spacious, but all live up to an excellent standard. When ever I'm required to visit North Wales I always try to book Maes-y-Garth as my 1st Choice accomodation, even if it means having to travel a bit further than I would normaly would to get to my place of work.

Room Tip: Room 2 is a great room, cosy and tucked away at the back of the property over looking the garden.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I wanted to visit Snowdon to take my little boy up on the train. Because of weather the train cancelled and refunded my money - The B&B however wanted 100% payment 28 days before our booked dates. Had we wanted to cancel up to two months before - it would have cost me 50%. This seems somewhat draconian. Yes - I should have read the terms and conditions before booking - I understand that, and that is why we still went this weekend, but it is the longest period cancellation policy I have come across during years of extensive travel.
The B&B itself is nice - very clean, great location, close to but not in the village, and good size rooms etc, although for a five star rating I felt the breakfast was a little disappointing. The owners make a point of getting to know you and are friendly - they went out of thier way to invlove by young son in any conversation.
Ordinarilly we would consider staying again, but effectively being made to take the weekend and not being able to cancel and re-book at a later date means that we never will.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Tracey R, Owner at Maes-y-Garth, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Dear Russell, Simone and Louis

We are sorry to hear that you are unhappy and feel that you were made to continue with your booking when you would have preferred to cancel.

When you intially emailed to cancel your booking you advised that is was not possible to move your booking.

As a business it is necessary for us to have a cancellation policy and ours is no different to the vast majority of bed and breakfasts. Up to 2 months prior there is no charge, then up to 1 month prior the cost of one room night is payable which is equal to the non refundable deposit that some bed and breakfasts take up front. Cancellation within 1 month of the arrival date incurs full payment unless we are able to re-let the room.

We did try and re-let your room up until 10 days before your arrival date when you asked us to amend your booking from a twin room to a family room, If we had had more time we may have been able to re-let your room and then no cancellation charge would have been due.

Despite everything we hope you all enjoyed your weekend including your trip on the train up Snowdon on Saturday.

Once again sincere apologies.

Kind regards