Afon View Guest House
Ty Gwyn Hotel(Betws-y-Coed)
Swallow Falls Hotel(Betws-y-Coed)
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
Bryn Tyrch Inn(Capel Curig)
View Hotel
All reviewsb bsewing kitroom numbereaster weekendbiscuitswelsh breakfastone night stayoff road parkinglittle gempleasant stayexcellent accommodationon arrivalhome from homebreakfast was excellentperfect locationlovely placemany thanks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 30, 2012

My husband and I have just returned from a two night break and I have to say it was lovely. We stay at many differing hotels and b&b's and this was exceptionally clean and beautifully decorated. The host was very friendly and tentative and knew the local walks within the area. We stayed in room 2 which was well equipped with all you need, clean and comfortable.

We had booked to stay at another hotel, but on arrival we swiftly departed as it was filthy and something like a step back intime complete with mould in the bedroom. We turned up at the Afon with no reservation and took the last room available and boy we are glad we did.

Great location, great host, fabulous breakfast and appealing sitting room for all guests to use. We will return.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Had a two night stay on one of the coldest weekends we have had in ages. It was so relaxing being able to return in the evening to a real fire in the lounge. My room was nicely decorated and the bed very comfortable and cosy I slept really well. I had a thoroughly lovely time at the Afon View and have already recommended it to colleagues at work. If I come back to Betws y Coed this will be the first place I try.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 13, 2012

We booked a one night stay as a Birthday treat. We found Mike and Barbara very friendly but unobtrusive hosts in their beautiful guest house.
The room we stayed in was tastefully decorated and furnished to a high standard, and very clean with everything we required provided. We had a very comfortable sleep in the four poster room number 4 and wished we had booked for longer.....we will definitely return again sometime soon.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at afon view last week in the 4 poster bed room. The b&b is very clean and decorated tastefully, keeping in with the houses age.

The room itself was lovely and the bed was so comfortable ive actually come home and bought a new bed myself!

Mike and barbara made us feel very welcome and helped us learn about the area, they also held onto my partners birthday presents and put a bouquet of flowers in the room on her actual birthday. We felt very looked after and nothing was too much effort for our hosts. We will return!!!

Should also say barbara booked us tables at good restaurants in advance of us coming which was great.

Thanks john and urs

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 5, 2012

My husband young son and myself were looking for somewhere to stay rather last minute to finish off a short break we had already had close by. The Afon View looks far superior to its counterparts from the outside and does not disappoint from the inside either. Even though we turned up unexpectedly we were made welcome and managed to secure the last room available. The house itself has a lovely atmosphere and is decorated beautifully. We were given lots of local information and recommendations and had a magnificent meal thanks to these. Breakfast was exceptional and there was no hesitatation in catering for us all including the whims of our young son who changes his mind almost more frequently than I blink ! We had a very relaxing stay and only hope that our son did not disturb the other residents peace and serenity that this house offers. A very nice end to a weeks stay in fabulous wales would definately recommend and would love to stay again if ever in the area.

• Stayed: September 2012