Having previously stayed at the this hotel, some years ago, we were delighted to win a break through a magazine and return for a Winter break.
The hotel is set in a beautiful location, that only few get to really experience.
Surrounded by woodland and a flowing river, it really is very picturesque.
We were lucky enough to have stayed in the hot tub room, which overlooked the river. A real treat, especially in chilly November, but highly recommended!!
While the hotel is absolutely stunning I feel it is worth mentioning a few points.
The front of house receptionist is always ''vey welcoming'' but sometimes can make you feel you're in the middle of the Spanish inquisition every time you go out!
Simply saying 'Have a nice day'' is enough.
We also felt a ''little uncomfortable' at being constantly asked if we were eating in their restaurant this evening??....Surely if we wanted to eat within the hotel we would have booked a table?
I would also suggest writing some instructions on using the shower as not everyone would automatically know how to use this.
This hotel is the idea place to unwind and take in the beautiful,peaceful surroundings of North Wales. It is ideally situated within walking distance of Betws Y Coed and all the little delightful shops it has to offer.
Would we return? .Probably not, due to the issues raised, but that's not to say it isn't a truly stunning place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel is set in a much admired and envied position down a long private driveway on the banks of the River Conwy at the edge of Betws-y-Coed in Snowdonia. We have 16 acres of our own beautiful gardens and we are surrounded by uninterrupted and breathtaking views of the Conwy Valley with its wooded slopes forming the perfect atmosphere in which to relax in peaceful tranquillity. Privately owned, the traditional values of hospitality hold strong with the emphasis on courtesy and service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and Evoline ltd so you can book your Craig-y-Dderwen Riverside Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Craig-y-Dderwen Hotel Betws-y-Coed
- Craig-y-Dderwen Riverside Hotel Betws-y-Coed, Wales