The area is truly stunning, the hotel staff are lovely and helpful but the hotel just isn't up to scratch when it comes to value for money. I'm sad to say - barely 4 star standard at 5 star prices. The room we had was fine - but the communal areas, although clean, are tired and dated. Much more thought needs to go into decor and furniture. In the right hands the hotel could really shine. The last thing anyone wants from a holiday is to feel ripped off but sadly...the hotel needs more than smiles and a beautiful location to justify the price-tag.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel is set in a much admired and envied position down a long private driveway on the banks of the River Conwy at the edge of Betws-y-Coed in Snowdonia. We have 16 acres of our own beautiful gardens and we are surrounded by uninterrupted and breathtaking views of the Conwy Valley with its wooded slopes forming the perfect atmosphere in which to relax in peaceful tranquillity. Privately owned, the traditional values of hospitality hold strong with the emphasis on courtesy and service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Evoline ltd so you can book your Craig-y-Dderwen Riverside Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Craig-y-Dderwen Hotel Betws-y-Coed
- Craig-y-Dderwen Riverside Hotel Betws-y-Coed, Wales